Tuesday 1 January 2013

100 Day Spending Challenge

Hey guys!

First off, Happy New Year to you all!!!  It's officially 2013 and I officially feel old!  There's so much I want to do this year, visit my brother & family in France, spend next Christmas in Ireland with my Dad and family, weekend in London, and buy a decent camera for my YouTube vids... that's a lot of saving that'll be needed on my part, which leads me very nicely into the subject of this post.  Both me and Laura have decided to do the 100 Day Spending Challenge.  There was one of these last year, this will probably have different rules as I'm not referencing the one done by others, but here goes!



The Rules
1.  I must not buy ANY makeup.  The only time when this is allowed, is to repurchase something I have totally run out of and there are no alternatives.  I may purchase 1 replacement and not a selection.  So, if I use all my foundation, I can purchase 1 more but only when all alternatives have been used.

2.  I am allowed 1 beauty box per month if I wish, this can be any, but only 1.

3.  I'm allowed items for cleaning/hygeine etc, like shampoo, shower gel etc, but what I might do to save more money and make it a bit harder, is to not allow myself to replace like for like, so I have Lush products at the moment which are quite expensive, so I might repurchase cheaper products and treat myself to Lush in April :)

4.  OPTIONAL - to put £10 a week in a jar so that when it comes to the 10th April, I'll have saved up some money for the things I've truly been lusting after during the spending challenge.

5.  I'm allowed to buy 1 magazine per month.

6.  I'm also pledging to do weekly (Sunday) updates on how the week has gone, and what my current wish list is looking like - I'll keep 1 wish list and add to it each week :)

7.  I'm allowed to continue to advertise on others' blogs as I have been the past 6 months or so.

8.  Personal grooming such as having my hair cut is allowed.

N.B.  It's possible I might be sent makeup/beauty products to review during this time, this is fine as I'm not purchasing it with my own money, and as usual those products will be marked with a *

So, that's it, the challenge is set!  I'm desperately hoping I don't cave... I know you guys will keep me strong <3




This months Big-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice, go check out her blog :)
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Good luck with your challenge I don't think I would be able to do it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I think your rules are very sensible, I don't think I could do one of those spending bans where you can't buy ANYTHING. I'm tempted to do one like this myself as it's much more achieveable!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think the rules need to allow for sensibility and some luxuries :) Good luck, if you do it let me know :)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to be doing this challenge too, as I've been wayyy too indulgent over the christmas period and the subsequent sales! Hopefully we'll do well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I agree with the comment above, very sensible rules and I am sure you will do really well! It will be great for you to treat yourself once you are done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily :) I can't wait for the treating at the end :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck with it!
    Mine ends 24th January :)
    I was quite lucky as I had Christmas to ask for things, and vouchers to spend on the sales!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You've done so well! You'll be able to egg on the rest of us that are just starting it :)

      Delete
  6. Good Luck! I think its good that you have set manageable targets, whenever I set myself something I end up making it really hard to keep up with. So keep at it :)

    Anna xx a-hint-of-glitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely, great that you are doing the spending ban too! I am as well, half looking forward to it and half scared!

    Here is my post on it if you want to have a look:

    http://www.allthatslap.com/2013/01/100-day-no-buy-challenge/

    I didnt think about things like hair cuts, I actually need one at the moment...!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck on your challenge. Is it ok if I try this out and put it on my blog?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Florence, I don't mind at all, go for it :)

      Delete
    2. Thank You,

      I have done my post but I'm not to sure I can do it!!

      check mine out xxxxxx

      :)

      Delete
    3. Hi, that's great! Do you have a link? I clicked on your name but it took me to a private google+ page :/

      Delete
  9. this is insane! i dont think that i can do it :(

    Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this, but I just might have to do that coming up. We are having a new house built, and my new studio space will be able to accommodate hair and spa services, so it's going o take lots of extra dough. I think my hubby would be very supportive of my efforts! Lol! Just read about your week 12 update, so go girl! You can do it!

    Www.facesbysam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig