Saturday 12 January 2013

OPI Base and Top Coat

Back in December I went to the #bbloggersxmas event as you've probably seen me mention already :)  I had a great time and met some lovely people, and while I was there, I had a complimentary manicure from the spa ladies at the Reebok gym.  It was an OPI manicure (so opi base, polish and top coat) and I couldn't believe how long they lasted before chipping, 6 days!!!!  I've never had nail varnish last that long before, I was so impressed!

Then on the 27th Dec when I was out sales shopping, I found a little set in John Lewis, with the OPI Top Coat for £11 and it came with a full size free OPI Base Coat - amazing!!!  So, of course I bought it, it went very well with my OPI Suzi and the Dussledorfs polish (which I'm still mega in love with)  :)



My Thoughts

I've used them a few times now and each time I do, I don't need to re-do my nails for a good 5-6 days (unless I'm wearing a glitter nail polish of course).  Yes I had a great deal, both of them for £11, but I would definitely re-purchase both of these at full price.  Aside from being a great set and great quality, I really love the brush, they're very precise and it makes the product very easy to apply.  I used to be a bit anti-opi, I thought they were a bit overrated, but this was before I'd tried them, silly me!  Now, I love them, they're fantastic quality and I really can't fault them.  Hand on my heart, I love opi, I love the collections they do, they silly names they give their polishes and they fact you can buy little mini quad sets of their limited edition collections to try them (all 4 adding up to the size of 1 normal bottle).  Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE essie for nail polish, but OPI are sharing that crown now ;)

Whats you're favourite OPI colour?






This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've used OPI Nail Envy which is a god send for my nails. It makes them so strong! But I have never tried a base or topcoat from them. Im quite loyal to my Seche Vite!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite hesitant to buy OPI at £12 a pop but i've always loved the results it gives. These sound great!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You have an amazing blog.Honestly, I love it. If you have a minute, please visit my blog too.
    Maybe follow??

    love,
    Alicia

    leeshionable.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a long time for no chips! What a bargain you got for these two as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. good product!

    xx
    Kate

    I follower you
    Come to me;)
    http://prettykattyhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice little review! :) They sound really good. I still don't own an OPI nail polish.... yet! But have been tempted to get some! :) x

    www.cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig