Monday 31 December 2012

New Years Eve Reflection

Hey guys!  Not aiming for this to be a long post, but certainly a lifestyle one for you :)

All in all, this has been a pretty good year :)  Lots has happened and so many things I'm proud of, a couple of hiccups a long the way but all in all, 2012 has been a good year for me :)

Good things

  • Got a new job that I really love
  • Started blogging and blog going well
  • Close friends announced they're getting married
  • Some friends went through a tough time, but came out the other side stronger
  • Lost over 3 stone (and counting)
  • Hubby finished another year of his part time Engineering degree

Not so great things

  • Some health issues (headaches lasting 5+ weeks) and more
  • Close friends going through bad times
  • Only seeing my best friend twice...
  • The negative side to blogging (gossip/nastiness amongst bloggers)
  • Cat hurt from cat fights needing vet treatment, and a lot of money spending on her :(
  • Cat then being to scared to leave the house for 6+ months
All in all, the good way outweigh the bad :)

I'm so proud of my blog, I hope that doesn't sound big headed, but when I started blogging, I had no idea where it was going to take me and how well it would do.  If you'd said to me in January that I'd be still blogging, and pretty much every day, and have over 700 lovely followers, I wouldn't have believed you.  I've met some of the loveliest people since I started blogging too, made real friends that I wouldn't have met otherwise and speak to on a daily basis (I wish I could invite you all over to my house for a party, but you all live too far away!).

I really love my job, I look forward to each day at work and what it brings.  It's crazy to think that a technology that wasn't around 20+ years ago is now keeping me in a job (SEO)... the world is a wonderful place, one I hope to see more of and have many more happy and healthy years in :)

As for New Years Resolutions, I don't have any planned other than to continue to get healthy with Slimming World and keep my weight loss going and perhaps to make the effort to actually read and comment on blogs I love more regularly.  I do have a friends wedding in June that I would like to be a certain weight for, so that's one goal I have, but other than that, if 2013 is as good as 2012, I have nothing to worry about :)

I'd love to hear what the highlight of your year has been?







This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Anastasia from Fashion Ramble - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. this year i also have faced other bloggers nastiness.. but i am so happy for the things you got this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on all that you have achieved this year! I hope 2013 is just as good and brings you lots more happiness! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had an amazing 2012, hope you have an even better 2013! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley, I hope it's a great year for you too :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the blog success, you definitely deserve it :-)
    It's so nice that you're in a job you love, I'd love to wake up and look forward to going into work everyday!! That's my resolution for this year I think.
    Happy New Year lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig