Friday 18 January 2013

NARS pro-prime eyeshadow primer

Hey guys!  I hope you're all having a great day :)  YAY for Fridays!  Tonight I'm heading out to see Django Unchained, super excited about it!

When it comes to eyeshadow primers, I've always used the Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion.  I discovered it many years before blogging and youtubing and couldn't believe I'd been missing out!  Back then I didn't wear much makeup and one of the reasons is because eye shadow would crease on me within about 1 hour of putting it on, so why would I bother?  I bought a little palette with the potion when I was on the ferry heading to Ireland and that really was the beginning of my love affair with makeup.  After years of being loyal to the primer potion, I wanted to try a range of others to see if any were better/cheaper etc.


They say "No smudging, creasing or caking. This lightweight eye primer is the insider trick of the trade, creating a seamless canvas that keeps cream and powder color looking brilliant, fresh and just-applied all day long. A polymer and mineral-powder blend establishes a firm grip on color ensuring hours and hours of gorgeous wear. Fortified with a special deep-sea extract and an antioxidant rice extract, the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base dries on contact and keeps the delicate eyelid smooth and prepared for color application."



One of the beauty guru's I watch on YouTube is MissGlamorazzi, I'm sure many of you have heard of her/watched her vids, and she has raved about the NARS pro-prime eyeshadow primer for some time now.  She has the same issue as me, very oily eyelids (plus mine are quite hooded too), so I thought I'd give it a go.

My Thoughts

This little beauty will set you back £18 (UD primer potion is £14.50) which is a lot of money, but the question is how does it compare to it's cheaper counterpart?  In all honestly, very well.  With the NARS primer I get around an extra 1-2 hours out of my eye shadow before creasing.  Shadows apply very vividly and look beautiful for the whole time they're on your lids.  Is it worth the extra £3.50? Yes, for me, someone who has such oily and hooded lids, getting an extra couple of hours out of my makeup is a big deal, it' usually the difference between noticable creasing at midday with Urban Decay, to about 2pm with NARS.  It's not until about 6pm that it starts to look terrible, and at that point, I've had around 10-11 hours wear, so not too bad.

For me, this I will definitely be re-purchasing, I've found that I reach for it every day over the others I have (Elf, MUA, UD), it's simply the best I've tried.

What's your favourite primer for your eyes?





This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I have quite oily eyelids too but the primer potion seems to do the job well for me. I've just repurchased it again but after it runs out I will definitely be taking a closer look at this one. Lovely review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the UDPP is really good and does a great job, but for me, with NARS I get an extra couple of hours out of it before creasing :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds good :) I love UD primer potion, but would try this next time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used UD for years but thought I'd try something different, haven't looked back :)

      Delete
  3. I got this primer in my beauty swap and I love it!

    Oh, and you will love Django, I watched it this week. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a great primer :) Haven't seen Django yet :( No money, bah!

      Delete
  4. I've used this before and it's really good. The only reason I purchase the Too Faced Shadow Insurance over this is because it's cheaper x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe - I've only tried the candlelight shadow insurance - and I really like that one - I'll have to do a review of that one too actually :)

      Delete
  5. After years of using UDPP I have found it doesn't work for me any more. Weirdly. I really want to try this one. I am currently using the MUA primer and Rimmel are bringing out one too that I want to try. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know about Rimmel! UDPP is really good - first one I ever used, but NARS for me works best :)

      Delete
  6. Ahh, I've been looking for a review of this! Thank you so much! I've been using the urban decay eye potion primer but I'm not a huge fan! Thank you for the help, lovely blog!

    Lauren x
    smokeyblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you like the NARS one, do let me know how you get one when you try it :)

      Delete
  7. I'm a current Urban Decay user, I think that most of us are! I'm getting to the end of the tube though and I do love a good NARS product so I will definitely be heading off to the NARS counter for a little swatch of this :) I also have quite heavy lids- it can be really annoying can't it! I'd love lots of nice space on my lids to create haha.
    Poppy @ lets drive far away x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy :) I really would recommend the NARS one, yes it's more expensive, but for girls like you and me with heavy lids (sounds weird!) we need every last hour we can get out of our shadow :) And yeah, I'd love less hooding to do more with my shadow :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig