Friday 4 January 2013

What's in my overnight makeup bag

So for new years eve we headed to the hubby's parents house for an evening of board games and drinks, a perfect evening by my standards!  As we were both drinking we stayed the night and drove back the next day (they're literally 10 mins away)  :)  And what with always wanting to look my best, I packed a little overnight makeup bag (and separately a hot cloth cleanser to remove the makeup), so I just thought I'd share with you what I took with me, and the look I created :)

Makeup bag from Ulta sent to me in a makeup swap

L-R ulta blending brush, bare minerals powder brush, inika khol liner in black caviar, mac 289 shadow brush, ulta eye brow brush (the ulta brushes came with the makeup bag)

Other side of the makeup bag has all my makeup :)

All together I took:
  • Neve Catbuki brush
  • Eyelash curlers
  • YSL Touche eclat teint foundation
  • Maybelline fit me pressed powder
  • NYX Blusher in Pinched
  • NARS eye shadow primer
  • NYX eye shadow in taupe
  • Maybelline Rocket volum mascara
  • Inika loose eye shadow in Autumn plum
  • Chanel ecriture liquid eye liner
  • Chanel brow palette in Brun
  • Perricone MD No Concealer concealer
  • Wet n Wild trio in 'Walking on Eggshells

I must confess, my iPhone didn't do the best job of actually picking up the warmth that the Inika shadow added, but hopefully you can see what I was going for :)

I'm really drawn to deep red shadows but for some strange reason I've always tried to apply them all over my lid and then I'm disappointed when they don't look good... I had an epiphany the other day to run a little of those colours through the crease and outer V over a neutral coloured eyelid, and I loved the result, a very warmed up look that's both suitable for day or night.  A look I'll be playing around a lot more with over coming wintery mornings :)






This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love your eye make-up, it looks so lovely :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try that wet and wild palette and Nyx blushers!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my wet n wild trio, the look you've created with it is very nice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. those burshes that came with the ulta bag look soo handy! im having an international giveaway on my blog incase youre interested! features goodies from ELF, Revlon, Wet n Wild and Victoria's Secret! :)

    www.nayabloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww that cat brush is so cute!
    lovely post, i'm always really nosy about people's makeup :)
    Rosie xo
    A Pocketful of Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some fab products there hun and love the eye make up :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so badly want Walking on Eggshells! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig