Thursday 31 January 2013

Maybelline Rocket Volum mascara

So before I went on my 100 Day spending challenge, I went on a mini shopping spree, and one of the things I picked up, was this Rocket Volum mascara.  I've been using it for about a month now, but I hadn't reviewed it yet, as I was still unsure about what I thought of it.





























My Thoughts

I'm not going to lie, I didn't like it at first, I thought it was rubbish.  I didn't feel it defined my lashes or gave them volume, but after leaving it for a couple of weeks to thicken up a bit I started using it again and I've been super impressed with it.  I mean, just look at the picture above, they look amazing!

They say "Now, the most explosive, beautiful lashes ever!  Supersonic Brush, and Fast Glide formula, Loads on big, sleek volume instantly"

Now it's at the stage I like, I find I'm reaching for it every day.  The one thing I don't like about it though, is despite it not being waterproof, it's quite tough to remove, it takes quite a lot of rubbing with the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser  to get rid of it.  But you could also flip that around and say it has great staying power :)  Another thing I really love about it is the wand, it's just like the Cover Girl Lash Blast wand, it's almost the same!  I find that the big rubbery wands like that work best on me for getting the product on to my lashes, unlike big fluffy wands.

I haven't had any panda eyes from this when using it on my bottom lashes either, just great defined lashes on both bottom set and top set.  As long as Maybelline keep making this, I plan to keep re-purchasing it, I actually (and OMG, I can't believe I'm saying this!) prefer it to The Falsies!!!!  Yep, the wand is so much better, I kid you not!

Have you tried this yet?  Did you like it?







This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Great review, your lashes look fab :) I need to try this out!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie :) It really is great mascara :)

      Delete
  2. I bought this a while ago but didn't like them. I usually use Maybellines Colossal Volum' Express - which is my holy grail, and I was a little disappointed in the results I got from this. I really wanted to like it though!

    cllrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Callie, I can't say I've gotten on that well with Colossal... I don't find it does anything for my lashes :/ Funny how we're all different :)

      Delete
  3. I was exactly the same with this mascara, I do love it but like you say it's an absolute pain to get off! I find myself scrubbing with my eye make up remover and then still having some under my eyes when I wake up.

    Laura x
    laurajadeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a nightmare to remove, how it's not waterproof I'll never know!

      Delete
  4. Hmm, sounds like I really need to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you feel like most mascaras are just getting better after a few weeks, when are a tiny bit dryer than in the beginning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - there's a few which are great straight off the bat, but most improve once they thicken up :)

      Delete
  6. This looks great Georgina(if you didn't already know I'm a total mascara addict anyway!) The brush reminds me of Max Factor's False Lash Effect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any Max Factor mascaras - I know, bad blogger!

      Delete
  7. This really does look good, Maybelline mascara's are all the same- they all need a few weeks use to get them to their full potential, weird! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitley Gemma :) It's the same with all of them :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig