Saturday 19 January 2013

Superdrug Naturally Radiant cleanser

After years of using makeup remover wipes to take off my makeup each night and talking to other beauty bloggers on twitter, I decided to take the plunge and jump into the world of hot cloth cleansers.  I started off with the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser (which is pretty much still my favourite) but in the interest of fairness I've been trying some other cheaper ones too.  I started off with the SuperdrugVitamin E hot cloth cleanser (review incoming), then moved on to this one when I saw it launch.  I really like the Superdrug own brand for different skincare products, I've used quite a few different bits from their range and I've never been disappointed :)

Available in Superdrug here for £5.99 (currently on offer at £2.99)


They say "Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser is formulated with a unique energising complex and infused with Kiwi Fruit and Mulberry extracts to help revive skin’s radiance and even out skin tone.
Enriched with nourishing Cocoa Butter, this rich and creamy formulation melts into the skin and cleanses away make-up and impurities, whilst also providing gentle exfoliation, leaving skin feeling renewed, soft and ultra clean.

Infused with plant extracts:
- Kiwi Fruit extract is a rich source of Vitamin C, which is renowned for its remarkable ability to help brighten and even out skin tone, while also providing antioxidant protection against free radicals.
- Mulberry Fruit extract has naturally strong brightening properties which can help to reduce discolouration and even out skin tone.
- Cocoa Butter is a rich emollient with excellent skin softening and conditioning properties."

Superdrug own brand products also don't test on animals, they're dermatologically tested and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.


My Thoughts

It's hard to criticise this product when it's possible to pick it up for £3 and for that, you get a muslin cloth with it too.  The first thing that you'll notice about this product is the scent, it's stunning.  The scent really reminds me of Christmas :)  It's slightly spicy, the natural extracts work together to create a slight cinnamon fragrance that's really lovely and not too overpowering.  This doesn't break me out, it removes (with ease) waterproof mascara, liquid and gel eyeliner, and pretty much anything you can throw at it.

I also featured this in my cleanser collection video where I've recommended it as a great dupe for the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser :)



I still use my Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser and will replace that, but I'll be replacing this one too - I like having the choice of the two of them depending on my mood.  With no holds barred I can say this is an amazing dupe for the Liz Earle cleanser, I'm really happy to have discovered it and would highly recommend it to you :)

Have you given this a try yet?






This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This sounds so nice, I'm currently using the no7 one but I hate the packaging x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the No7 one, I've heard it's good though :)

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I really want to try this. I've ditched the makeup wipes as part of my New Year resolutions, but I've been using my Peaches and Clean to cleanse at night. It would be nice to have a cheaper alternative! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for ditching the makeup wipes! Well, I can highly recommend this, I really like it :)

      Delete
  3. When I used to buy my OH's skincare he used to use the Liz Earle C&P. As soon as I said he had to start buying his own, he switched to the Superdrug Hot Cloth cleanser because it's a 3rd of the cost LOL!
    I might get him to try the brightening one too, although he loves the smell of the Vitamin E one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd wondered about the brightening one having loved the original. You have convinced me I need it!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds fab, I've been looking for a hot cloth cleanser that's good. Everything I've tried has been pants! x

    srslylou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to indulge! Fab post.

    blotandreapply.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading quite a bit about Peaches & Clean so I would like to try that at some point. I love C&P it is my fave cleanser. I'm using Super Facialsit rose hydrate cleanser now and that is a really nice cleanser. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got this to try but haven't used it yet as I've got to finish the vitamin e one which I think is really so I can't wait to try this one x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig