Wednesday 2 January 2013

Best Products of 2012

Hey guys!  Well, 2 days in to 2013 and I thought I'd do a post on what have been my favourite makeup items of the past year - I've also filmed a YouTube video which is more like awards for drugstore and high end - I'll link that at the bottom of this post as it's a little different.  The video is focussed on categories, this is just my all time favourites across the entire year :)

L-R Chanel Ecriture, OPI Suzi and the 7 Dussledorfs, NARS eye shadow primer

Chanel liquid eyeliner is my holy grail eye liner, I'll be doing a full review of it over the next couple of weeks.  It's simply fantastic, it stays on until you decide to take it off, it doesn't transfer on to your eye lid and it's jet black and defined, unlike pretty much every other eyeliner I've ever tried.

The OPI nail polish is my absolute favourite colour ever, I'm in love with it :)  I think it's the perfect purple for my pale skin :)  I may not have had it for much of 2012, but in that short space of time it's made a hell of an impact :)

NARS eye shadow primer - amazing, from my experience, it's the best out there.  Yes it may not give me more than 1-2 hours crease free more than the Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion, but that's still an extra couple of hours and it's worth it :)

L-R Crystal Nail File, Chanel Eclosion quad, Dr Jart+ regenerating BB cream

Crystal Nail File - this specific one is mont-bleu but I don't think with crystal nail files the brand is what's most important, it's the file.  I've only had this a few weeks but I've found my nails are splitting less, which is what I hoped for and they're in much better condition - from now on, I'll only be using crystal nail files - they're a beauty must!

Chanel Eclosion - this beautiful quad I lusted after for a good few weeks before I caved and bought it :)  The colours are stunning and can be blended to create the most beautiful look, working the red wine colour into the crease for more drama.  There's very little Chanel makeup that I don't like, but this really was a winner for me this year.

Dr Jart BB Cream - 2012 has been the year of BB Creams, lots of big brands jumped on the bandwagon producing theirs, and from my experience, most of the high street ones were rubbish.  The Dr Jart BB Cream really is a fantastic, it has really good coverage, it's hydrating, good SPF protection and lasts really well over the day, especially if you finish it off with a setting powder :)

L-R Dr Jart Water-Max Sleeping Mask, NYX blush in Pinched, Ginvera BB Cream

Dr Jart Water-Max Sleeping Mask - this product is worth it alone for the amazing scent it has and it leaves your face with.  Add to that the hydration it gives your skin, and how soft it feels the next day, you have a winner.  It's really fantastic and only costs around £12, bargain for such a great product.

NYX blusher in Pinched - this has made it to my final list, after much consideration (over the Fashionista in London blush) because of it's beauty.  I may have used the Fashionista one a bit more, but this one it's an almost exact dupe of the NARS Orgasm blush, and for just £5.  The Fashionista one is beautiful in it's own right, but this is not just beautiful, but it's also a perfect dupe :)

Ginvera BB Cream - oh the memories :)  My first BB cream and oh boy did it set the standard high!  Amazing coverage, smells amazing, lasts well, reasonable price, SPF protection... this is an amazing product, one I have raved about on here and on my YouTube channel, and one I'll continue to rave about - simply fantastic.

L-R Too Faced Shadow bon bons palette, Collection lasting perfection concealer, Perricone MD no concealer concealer

Too Faced Shadow Bon bons palette - this has been my go-to palette since I've had it, I love everything about it - the colours, the candlelight eye shadow primer, the mascara, the quality, the combination of colours... it's simply amazing, and in my opinion, a bargain at £32 considering what you get.  This I have been using most days since I got it, and I can't see that changing until it's gone.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - for £5 this really is great.  Heavy coverage that lasts all day, no need to go back over it during the day and re-apply or touch up, it does what it says and it does it well, and for £5, you really can't quibble with that.

Perricone MD No concealer concealer - My holy grail concealer - it's not exactly £5 like the one above, it's £37 by omg do you get what you pay for.  It colour corrects, conceals and minimises the appearance of bags, and boy oh boy do I need that!  I love the packaging, so clinical and love that it's paraben free. I really cannot recommend this highly enough.

L-R Revlon black cherry, Maybelline super stay 10h tint, YSL Touch Eclat Teint foundation

Revlon black cherry - a colour that pushed me out of my comfort zone for all the right reasons.  A fantastic lipstick and shade, especially for the A/W12 season.  Also a special mention to the Revlon Lip Butters which probably should be here too, they're absolutely amazing, they're hydrating, saturated with pigment, glossy and fun - Revlon really have been an amazing quality brand this year, I can't wait to see what they do next year.

Maybelline Super stay 10h tint - what a mouthfull!  This has been a bit of a surprise product for me, I didn't expect much from it, but I've found myself going back to it again and again.  The tint lasts really well, but it's an unusual product, it's like a glossy stain - so it stains and has a sort of gloss to it too but without being sticky.  The colours are fantastic and the scent is amazing, it smells like melon and fresh fruit, a scent I love :)

YSL Touche Eclat teint foundation - welcome to my holy grail foundation.  I cannot say enough good things about it.  As soon as it's low, I'll be re-purchasing it, I don't care that it's £27, it's totally worth it.  It's the ONLY foundation on the market that doesn't contain any powder (apparently they have the patent for that), and that means that it's the only one that doesn't clog up my pores.  That aside, it gives me radiance and luminosity and a dewey finish (which can be made to matte with a healthy dusting of setting powder).  Then just look at it, it's sexy as hell in it's glass bottle and cushioned gold lid.  I love, love, love it!

These have been the key products I've used over the last year - there's more too but I didn't want to ramble on for too long :p  Which have been your favourite products of 2012?








This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love all the purple products! So gorgeous :)
    thelifeofafashionnerd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my lasting perfection concealer, shame it's ran out now :( Happy 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your palette has some really pretty colours in. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i'm new to blogging and stuff it would be really great if anyone could come check it out http://esmeonthemooon.blogspot.co.uk/ ? If you do i would really appreciate it :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices, i'm dying to try a NYX blush!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got that glass nail file, it keeps your nails looking so much healthier!

    Anna xx a-hint-of-glitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic round up! ysl touche eclat foundation was in my faves of 2012 too. Need to try that maybelline stain and see if it matches the ysl glossy stain x

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig