Monday 24 March 2014

I'm having a baby!!!

My baby
It's fair to say it's been the craziest 2-3 months I think I've ever had in my life.  It started off in Jan with the loss of my brother, which you all have probably read about or heard me talking about.  Then I became ill with a cough, chest infection and flu, followed up with bad asthma for weeks.  Then, my husbands auntie died after a long illness.  At this point we were thinking, lets just get to the end of 2014 so we can write it off and be done with it!  Such a bad start to the year, and it seems we weren't alone, I've seen lots of other friends/bloggers having a tough time too, in a way, it was nice to know we weren't alone.

Then, on the 27th Feb, our world turned upside down in a really wonderful way.  We found out, we're having a baby!!!!!!!!!

Yep that's right, I'm going to be a mummy!  I'm officially 12 weeks now and telling everyone.  It feels very surreal but we're super happy.  We'd actually been trying for a baby for about 8 months, and we'd pretty much given up trying, or thinking we'd get pregnant.  Looking back, I had so many symptoms but had attributed them to other things, like side effects of the antibiotics (metallic taste in my mouth and heartburn) or my being ill and stressed (missing a period, achy boobs <-- that was me thinking my body was trying to come on, not my boobs getting ready for a baby!).  So when I went to the Drs about my asthma still being bad, I'd mentioned these symptoms too thinking it was linked to anxiety about all the bad things that had happened, that's when she said 'You really should do a pregnancy test'.

So on leaving the Drs, we went to grab my prescription of steroids (for my asthma) and picked up a £3.50 Sainsburys pregnancy test too.  Got home, did it straight away, and fully expected it to be negative, I've been through this so many times (skipping a period through stress, then thinking I'm pregnant, doing a test, seeing it negative, then coming on the next day!), so this all felt routine.  What I didn't expect was a big, fat, positive test!  It all made sense though, with all the symptoms, the only thing I haven't had is morning sickness, but I have been nauseous.  

Anyway, all that matters is that we're due to be having our little baby on October 13th and we're super happy about it.  Now we have to make some decisions, if we stay in our house, we have to make some serious changes because as things stand, there's no room in our bedroom for a cot etc, or do we look to move? This is all while my hubby is studying for an open university degree while working full time, safe to say we have our hands full!

What does this mean for Makeup-Pixi3?  Well, I fully intend to continue as normal, but if you'd be happy to read them, I'd like to start doing pregnancy updates, maybe just once a month or twice a month and once the baby is born I can include him/her in some of my posts too, so they'll be more lifestyle - what do you think?

How often would you like to see pregnancy updates?  Every week, every other week, monthly?





This months Biggest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Casey from A Topsy Turvy Blog

 
SHARE:

113 comments

  1. Aw I am so chuffed for you and I want to know everything about every stage of the pregnancy! Congrats hunnie xx
    Www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) I might try update every other week to begin with just while not much is happening, then I'll go weekly, or I might just go weekly straight away :P

      Delete
  2. What a horrible start to the year for you, but you have had the bestest news: well done you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I know, it was hard, but it's really turned around now :)

      Delete
  3. Oh My Goodness! Congrats lovely (: I would love to see baby updates & for you to include your little one in future posts (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) I'd love to include little squidge in future posts :)

      Delete
  4. congratulations!such lovely news, I'd love to see some baby updates too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, don't worry, there'll be plenty :)

      Delete
  5. This is such fantastic news, I am so happy that your year has turned around. Would love to see some pregnancy updates! Again, congratulations!

    Gem. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! The best news ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! What amazing happy news for you!

    - Amy x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! Congrats lovely. I am sooo happy for you :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    I love your blog and channel and would love to see updates on the little one :)

    All the best for you and your family!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Amy, there'll be plenty of updates :)

      Delete
  10. Hurray another blogger Mummy! Its the best thing ever to happen to me, so excited for you :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing news :) congratulations to you both! Glad 2014 is looking up for you! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha :) Yeah, 2014 has really turned around :)

      Delete
  12. Congratulations! Sounds like you needed some good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah definitely, I'm usually a really positive person and it's been hard to be positive recently, so this has really helped pull me out of my funk :)

      Delete
  13. How sweeeeeet, congrats and hugs from Romania ! Muah muah muah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! What exciting news! Best wishes for the rest of the pregnancy, would love to see monthly updates as things go on! Glad to hear this happy news had made your year better too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) There'll definitely be monthly updates, maybe more :)

      Delete
  15. Congratulations!! I hope everything goes well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! I'm so so happy for you :D I was actually thinking the other day about bloggers with babies and bloggers without and wondering who would be next. I can't wait to read the updates ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! This is such lovely news! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow incredible - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! That's some seriously awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Massive congratulations! What a brilliant end to a crappy year that'll be. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!! This is so exciting! I have followed your blog for a good year now and this is amazing!! Yes do pregnancy updates :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Livvy :) There'll be plenty of updates :)

      Delete
  22. congratulations dearie .. Take rest and have fefol,vitamins, calcuim regularly .. i know it is difficult for first 20 weeks because of nausea, vomiting and morning sickness, but try to take more and more care of you .. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) Yeah, I've been taking folic acid and vitamin D, getting plenty of rest too :)

      Delete
  23. I've already congratulated you on fb but once again - yay!!!!!
    I am currently trying for a baby so would absolutely love to see pregnancy updates! xx

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne :) I hope it's your turn next :)

      Delete
  24. Congratulations - that's such fantastic news after trying for a baby for over eight months. You must be over the moon! I'd love to read and see a couple of baby updates now and again and see some photos of the growing bump!


    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :) Yeah I really didn't think it was ever going to happen, so very happy it did :)

      There won't be any bump pictures though I'm afraid, I'm quite overweight so it's not really going to show for a long time, and even then, I'll just look more overweight :P

      Delete
  25. Aww congratulations lovely! Such lovely news! Would love to see pregnancy updates! :)

    Lauren x

    keepcalmitsonlyablog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Omg congrats on this!! You absolutely deserve to have this baby, and I would love to read all about your pregnancy!! I'm not picky at all so post as many times a month you like, and I'm sure all of us will want to read all about the baby!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely :) I think there'll be plenty of updates, including baby clothing hauls :D (I've already started!)

      Delete
  27. Awww congrats! Positive surprises during harsh times are always good, especially when it's a big fat POSITIVE one... haha! Hope you're feeling better now and best of luck with the rest of 2014. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Olivia, we couldn't be happier right now :)

      Delete
  28. Oh wow, congratulations, that's wonderful news, I'm happy to read as many baby updates as you like :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna, I think there'll be quite a few updates!

      Delete
  29. Congratulations! What a lovely surprise it must have been :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie, it was both a shock and surprise, but a lovely one all the same :)

      Delete
  30. Congratulations! You so deserved such happy news! So pleased for you! Lots of love, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good news :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OH YAY! How lovely! You defo deserve it, hun.

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations Georgina. I would happily read updates whenever you want to post them! : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Massive congratulations! I'm glad the year has taken such a positive turn for you after the way it started x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, yeah just the positive turn we needed :)

      Delete
  35. aww this is so lovely! Congratulations! So exciting!


    Jenn | PhotoJennic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations :) I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, best news we've had this year :) Well, for a long time!

      Delete
  38. Congratulations! Such lovely news xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma, yeah, everyone loves baby news :)

      Delete
  39. Aww, great news! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Woooow congratulations! So sorry to hear you've been having such a rubbish year so far so it's wonderful that things are looking up and you have this exciting journey ahead of you. <3
    Raffles Bizarre Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) Yeah it's been a pretty naff year so far, but it's certainly turned around :)

      Delete
  41. Congratulations! I'd love to see pregnancy updates as often as you want to do them! I'd say maybe do them monthly to begin with and then more regularly when more things start to change, but just whatever you feel comfortable with. <3

    Megan | Lazy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan :) Yeah I might well do that, mixed in with some baby clothing hauls :)

      Delete
  42. Congratulations, lovely!!! Aww this is going to be such a wonderful journey for your family! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, yeah we're so excited for the next chapter in our lives and starting our family :)

      Delete
  43. Such an exciting time!!!
    L x
    Http://workingmumy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, yeah we're super duper excited!

      Delete
  44. Thats great:) Congratulations ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations! such lovely news after you've had a tough time at the beginning of the year.
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig