Tuesday 29 January 2013

My first Birchbox

Hey guys!  I'm a little late to the party with this since my post was delivered late due to the snow! But I finally got my very first Birchbox a few days ago, and giddily like a little girl I tore it open and this is what I found inside :)





















































My Thoughts

Seeing as this was the first UK Birchbox, and we'd had a chance to see the US versions, I was actually really happy with this box.  First off the packaging - this has to be my favourite of all the beauty boxes I've had.  It doesn't have any raffia or shredded paper so it's not as messy, #winning!

Next the products.  I'm really pleased with these for many many reasons.  First off, no perfume samples, yay!  It irks me how many of these beauty boxes include perfume samples that you could walk into Boots or Debenhams and pick up for free... seriously, why?  It's also a nice selection of products, a mixture of skincare, haircare and a lip care product.  They're all decent sized samples and there's a cuppa camomile to drink while you're testing out your new products :)  I might add, that cuppa went down a TREAT! I'll be buying some of those, it was sooo good!  Here's a little snippit about each product and my first impression where possible.

TAAJ Creme Mains Delhicates

They say "Taaj Crème Mains Delhicates Hands Cream nourishes, repairs and protects. It's key ingredients - Wheat Germ Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, help protect your hands from winter ailments. As it is rich in Shea Butter, it also softens and heals damaged hands and nails. The scent has notes of Cinnamon, ans is the perfect hand-bag staple for winter month's".
My first impressions: I've only used this twice, but I'm really impressed with it.  It did an amazing job of hydrating my dry hands and keeping them hydrated for a good 4-6 hrs.  During that time they smelt amazing too!  It's thick and non greasy, something I'm looking forward to using more :)
Costs: £10 for a full size

Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment

They say "Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 moisturises, protects, and smoothes the lips while leaving a rosy tint with a proprietary blend of moisture-preserving sugar, nourishing precious oils, antioxidant-rich polyphenols, and essential SPF protection.  It is proven to provide 6 hours of significant moisture for soft, supple, and youthful lips. The unique formula also offers buildable coverage to customize a sheer or rich hue".
My first impressions: Another winner! It's non-greasy, hydrating and rescuing.  I always suffer from dry lips and this has really helped.  I love that it doesn't leave much colour on my lips, as tinted lip balms and me really don't go... I just look like I'm wearing too much makeup and it's wearing off... not a good look for me!
Costs: About $22 online

WEI White Lotus Eye Treatment

They say "Now there is hope for crow’s feet! This luxurious delicate eye cream uses White Lotus to hydrate and Peptide Argireline to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The key ingredient, White Lotus flower, has long been revered not only for its beauty, but also for its ability to absorb and retain water after it has been hand-harvested from ponds lined with nutrient-rich black mud."
My first impressions:  I haven't used this yet, so no comment from me :)
Costs: £60 for a full size

KMS California Add Volume Volumizing Spray

They say "KMS California AddVolume Volumizing Spray gives hair up to 70% more volume. Provides your tresses with heat protection and intense fullness. Whats more, it's alcohol free".
My first impressions: I've only used this once, so I won't say too much.  But, it's the strangest consistency! In the bottle it looks like a thick gel, but when you spray it, it's like a watery serum... very odd!  I'm not sure I noticed much of a difference, but maybe I didn't use enough (2 sprays) and I did straighten my hair afterwards... which pretty much negates the volumising!
Costs: £14.85 for a full size

Tea Pigs Dream in Chamomile flowers

They say "All teapigs teas (particularly the herbal ones!) use the whole leaf or flower, unlike most other tea brands. You’ll find the flavour of this blend much stronger and fresher than regular dusty paper teabags".
My first impressions: Now this, I love! One, it looks so pretty in the cup, and two, it tasted freakin' amazing!  I'd actually forgotten how nice Chamomile tea can be, I'd stopped drinking it as the ones I'd had weren't very nice, but this one I thoroughly enjoyed - so I'll be purchasing some of these for myself :)
Costs: £9.95 for a box of 50 (these can be bought in smaller boxes)

All in all, very happy with my little Birchbox, can't wait for the next one, bring on Feb!







This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. The hand cream sounds amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good - I've used it a few times now and it leaves my hands really hydrated :) I'd love to try a face cream of theirs if their hand cream is anything to go by :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really tempted to try out Birchbox and I love that they included Tea Pigs.
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should :) It's not like you have to commit to it, try for one month and if you don't like what you get, just cancel your subscription :)

      Delete
  3. Pretty awesome I love the Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment it works really well for your lips.

    Thanks for sharing love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, thanks :) The fresh sugar is amazing, I'm not normally a fan of rose scents, but I really like this one :)

      Delete
  4. I've not heard of this box before, but looks real nice. I'm quite intrigued with the Tea Pigs Dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're originally from the States, if you watch any american YouTuber (beauty), you'll often hear them mention it :)

      Delete
  5. TeaPig teas are so amazing, I discovered them last summer in a little cafe in London that stocked them. Glad you are a fan too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Next month I'll be buying myself a big box of these :D

      Delete
  6. This box looks really good :D - Following you now 890! YAY

    India - Jewel Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks India :) It's a great box, you should give it a try (if you haven't already of course) :)

      Delete
  7. I have high hopes for Birchbox and I hope it doesnt go down hill like other beauty boxes have in recent times. I like the look of the hand cream and the lip balm/lip stick.
    Very nice - look forward to seeing what next month brings from Birchbox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Grace, I've seen all too many boxes start out great, go rubbish, get better and then go really bad and boom, they're gone. Consistency is the name of the game :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig