Saturday 5 January 2013

Vivo Sugar Plum

A few weeks ago I headed out on a quest to find some Vivo products.  I knew that they are a Tesco exclusive brand so headed to the big Tesco.  As I walked down the makeup isle, all the makeup brands had shutters covering them, and security cameras next to them - quite shocking, never expected that, but I guess they have their reasons to need to protect the makeup to that extent.  I was gutted... all that way, and no Vivo for me at 7pm.  But, low and behold at the end of the isle was the Vivo stand, with no shutters around it :)  I was excited I'd get to try them, but also a bit reserved that it didn't deserve protecting.  I'll be reviewing what I bought bit by bit over the next few weeks, this is the first of the reviews :)





My Thoughts

For £2.50 I didn't expect a great deal - however, Vivo are pretty much the same as MUA so I did have some expectations.  All in all I like this trio, the winning colour of them is the middle shade.  The lighest shade barely highlights my browbone, so is a bit redundant, the darkest shade is nice but a bit sheer, but can be built up in the crease.  But the middle shade, now thats the super pretty one.  You all know I'm a sucker for purple so I couldn't resist this, and no real surprise that the middle shade is my fav :)  As for how well they last, they're pretty decent, nothing groundbreaking but for £2.50 we need realistic expectations on what to expect :)  They blend fairly well, but not as well as some other budget brands like the US brand Wet n Wild or NYX.  Would I re-purchase?  Probably not if I'm honest.  It's not that they're terrible at all, just that now I've tried it, I'd like to put that money towards trying another brand :)  All in all, they're decent for the price but nothing groundbreaking ;)

What's your thoughts on Vivo cosmetics? 









This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I dont like the eyeshadows but the blushers and bronzers are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try a blusher but they were out of stock :(

      Delete
  2. I've never tried anything from this brand! But it looks gorgeous x
    thelifeofafashionnerd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People seem to like their powder based products, so face powder, eye shadow etc :)

      Delete
  3. I use my Vivo Palette all the time! You can't moan at £2.50 really x

    http://lookinglikeamillion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Lauran - I'm impression of Vivo is that their products are really hit and miss - I really loved the middle purple shade of this one :)

      Delete
  4. i donot have a single item from VIVO.... now need one for me too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't speak for their whole range, but this set was nice :)

      Delete
  5. I don't own any VIVO as I find their products identical to MUA (as they are made by the same people, I thinks). nice colours, though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's exactly the same people, but I like that the products are packaged differently etc :)

      Delete
  6. I find it SO annoying when Supermarkets lock up the makeup at night. Really annoys me! I've never tried Vivo purely because I know they are made by exactly the same company as MUA, in exactly the same way, but with a higher price on them. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true - but for some reason I was still curious :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig