Saturday 26 January 2013

Butter London in Fiddlesticks

Don't you just love that name!  I picked this up in my Christmas sales shopping I did on the 27th Dec, I'd popped into TK Maxx to see what they had in the way of beauty items and this was one of the things that really caught my attention.  I know this isn't exactly a brand new shade, it's been out for a while, but hey, it's new to me!











Excuse the slightly blurry image!  I bought mine from TK Maxx with a matching lipgloss for £8


They say "Full coverage, semi-matte, magenta glitter suspended in a raspberry base."





























My Thoughts

This was my first venture into Butter London nail polish and I have to say, I've been very impressed!  The main thing that struck me is the finish, as they say above it's semi-matte and you can really see that when you wear it.  It's the most unusual finish but that really makes it stand apart from others.  I didn't have a pink glitter polish in my collection so this has made the perfect addition!  It took me 2 coats for perfect coverage, but with just 1 coat it was near perfect.  As with most glitter polishes it did chip fairly quickly, I think I had a small chip the next day and after 3 days there was quite a lot of chipping - and that's with using the OPI base and top coat.

The brush was high quality and not too wide, so it was very precise.  All in all, I'm really happy with my first experience with Butter London!  I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for more of their shades, I'd love to try their shade in The Black Knight - absolutely stunning! It looks like a galaxy :)

What's your favourite Butter London shade?






This months big pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice - be sure to head over to check out her beautiful blog <3

 
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. I love this shade, I bet the matching lipgloss is gorgeous as well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the matching lip gloss is identical to the polish :D Very pretty, but very sticky, which isn't my favourite thing in a gloss :p

      Delete
  2. This is stunning! I saw some polish and lipgloss sets in my TK maxx but they were all gold or silver, I'd have ran for this if they'd had it! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, in mine they had this one, and the red glitter one :)

      Delete
  3. I Wish I find find deals like this in my local shops. Been after that polish for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :p Its like when Poundland sold Stila, mine had none :S

      Delete
  4. gorgeous

    www.okfashionbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I have been seeing the Butter sets in TKMaxx for a few weeks, and never took the plunge as I wasnt sure of them. But after hearing this then I might just pick on eup next time I am there. that colour is great but I swear all varnish chips quickly these days.
    Daisy Dayz Blog
    I'm in pursuit of an online income - check out my new Online Work Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Chantele! They're beautiful, but like any glitter polish, they cement themselves to your nails :p

      Delete
  6. I've never tried any polishes from Butter London but this is gorgeous colour. It reminds me a bit of jam :) very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute name for a polish, the shade looks lovely :) it's quite similar to the OPI Katy Perry Polish (The One That Got Away) xx

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Butter London nail colours are on my list of things to try. I love the colour of the one you have.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've no idea what their other polishes are like, but I love this one :)

      Delete
  9. I've seen these in TkMaxx but never bought them, but will try them now as it looks really good! I love to buy nail varnishes in TkMaxx as they are always a bargain! :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was surprised how much of a bargain it was :) I picked up a Physicians formula eye shadow quad too for £3!!!! Amazing!

      Delete
  10. This looks gorgeous! It reminds me a bit of Essie Leading Lady, which I really want!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful shade, was so tempted to buy this today! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an incredibly gorgoues color :) So fun to wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my fingers looked very pretty with this adorning them :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig