Saturday 22 September 2012

Blog Redesign

Hey guys!  Super excited today!  I've literally spent ALL day redesigning my blog, and I think, it's pretty much done, wahoo!

There's still a couple of little bits I want to work on - like adding an advertising bar, which I'll hopefully sort tomorrow (Sunday), but other than that it's pretty much done :)

If you're new to my blog, or if you don't remember what it looked like, here's a pic to jog your memory ;)


How did I do it?

Good question!  So, something you may not know about me, is that I'm an artist/designer and on my portfolio site, I hand painted all the elements, and it suddenly dawned on me the other day, that it would be really nice to do that on my blog too :)  I've been thinking of changing to a white background for a few weeks, and thought this was the perfect opportunity, so I got up this morning, made myself a cuppa, grabbed my watercolours and got to work :)  After chopping bits up after scanning it in, this is how it all turned out :)  I'm really happy with it and hope you all love it as much as me (there are some voting buttons on the side - I'd love it if you voted to let me know what you think)  :)

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. It looks fab! You should offer your services as a designer, I especially love the little Chanel polish! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) I'm glad you could tell it was Chanel :p

      Delete
  2. You definitely have talent. It looks really good! Nice job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you painted the details. I think it is really individual and I haven't seen anything like this before. I must admit that it looks loads better, and I prefer the white background. Just makes it so much easier to navigate around, and to focus on the post as opposed to everything around it.

    Click here to get your beauty buzz!

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah :) It's sort of my signature design style :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely new layout :) May need you to make me one ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fab :) Love the painted signature too, very unique x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've done a fantastic job! Love the painted details, so pretty.

    Maybe you should offer your talents to other bloggers as a little bit of business :)

    Laura x
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I've thought about it, but realistically this took me about 10 hours, I doubt 1) I'd want to do that for £25 which is what most others offer, and 2) I doubt people would pay me what I'd want to do it :p Also, I spend nearly 30 hrs a week working on my blog, and work a 40hr a week job, there's just not enough hours to do that too :p Now and then for a friend I wouldn't mind though ;)

      Delete
  7. Love the new header hun, I love the fact that it's painted! The little social media buttons look good too! Wish I could do this sort of thing myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing! You are so talented in doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!!! I love ALL of it, it's so lovely, and different to any other blog! I just had a look at your website too, you're so so talented - I wish I could paint like that!

    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the redesign! It feels so fresh!

    Laura
    whatlauradid.com x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this! Love the colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig