Saturday 29 September 2012

Anniversary Day 2012

If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that on the 27th September it was my 4th wedding anniversary :)  These are usually a complete disaster... for some reason, we plan lots in or something special, and end up bickering all day, which is weird, because we don't really bicker any other time!  I know, strange.  So we tried not to make too much of a big deal out of this one and you know what?  It was perfect!  We started off by spending the day at Dyffryn Gardens in the Vale of Glamorgan.  It's this beautiful stately home (which you can't go in at the moment as it's being restored) and formal gardens.

We went for a long walk around the gardens (formal gardens, room gardens, reflection pool... lots more!) which took up a good 2-3 hours.  Then we headed to the cafe there and hade a bit to eat (cup of tea for me with tomato and basil soup (was ok) Chris had a full 'Welsh' breakfast and tea).  At this point, we were knackered!  Chris has had a cold all week so hasn't been feeling great, so we headed home and chilled out infront of the TV for a couple of hours.

Here's some pics of our day at Dyffryn Gardens.


In the evening then we just went for a nice meal, sadly the place we went only had ONE vegetarian option for a main course on the menu, and it didn't agree with me :(  But even so, we had a lovely night coupled with a lovely day :)  Who knows if we'll plan anything for the next one :p

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, how cute! Congratulations! I'm glad you had such a great time :) The pictures are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! My first wedding anniversary was a couple of days before you on the 24th :)
    I'm definitely putting Dyffryn Gardens on my list of places to go next time we're in Wales, it looks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! :) glad you had a lovely time :)
    unplanned things always turn out the best!xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig