Tuesday 25 September 2012

Favourite Foundations

Hello lovelies!  This is a post I've been wanting to write for a while, and today I decided to actually get myself together, and do it!  I've also done a video on it on my YouTube channel :)

So I went through my collection and thought about what I've been using, enjoying, why I liked it, and ultimately, what I was reaching for most.  Here's the two I picked.


YSL Touch Eclat Foundation

Here's what they claim "A bold, unique formula to target shadowy areas and define contours. A magic light infused within a weightless fluid. A texture that has no mask-like effect. A formula free of opaque powders that evens the complexion and erases imperfections, enhancing the face’s natural features."  It's available in 22 shades so the chances are, you'll find a colour that matches your skin tone.

Now, I've already done a review on this, so I'm not going to go on about it for ages, but the reason it's made the coveted #1 spot for high end foundations for me, is because of the beautiful luminosity and radiance it gives your skin.  It's lovely, natural looking, and has just enough coverage.  It's got a lovely colour to it too (rose-ness).  It gives light-medium coverage, and lasts really well throughout the day (I'll get a good 8 hours out of it before it could do with re-touching).  It's £28 so not cheap, but it is cheaper than the Chanel Vitalumiere aqua which is around £34 I think.  This also isn't pore-clogging :)

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Here's what they claim "Rimmel's first liquid foundation that instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow.  The light smooth texture, glides on easily to give 100% pore-less and flawless complexion.  Spoil yourself with SPF 15 sun protection and illuminating radiance pearls for a natural glow."

This I bought for £5 in Sainsburys (it was half price).  It's also non-pore clogging, a big thing for me.  It's medium coverage, smells fresh and lasts all day.  For £5 it's not far off the quality of some high end foundations.  If you don't have the best part of £30 to spend on foundation, this is a great replacement.

What's your favourite high end and high streed foundations?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I love the rimmel wake me up foundation it is great quality and is really affordable it is my favourite drugstore foundation.

    http://prettylitlefashionista.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to trying the YSL foundation.. But just like you I'm going for a no-buy october. I neeeeeeed to finish the abundance of makeup I just have lying around.

    Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog! I've just subscribed to your blog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you ;) Yeah - I'm almost ashamed of how much makeup I have right now, how on earth am I going to use it all up!

      Delete
  3. Hey Georgina! :) I haven't tried the 'Wake Me Up' foundation, but I think I just might have to nip into Boots to grab one now! I've heard so much great things about it, especially the fact it leaves you feeling fresh? Now that's not something a lot of foundations can do! Thank you for sharing your experience with it too.

    My favourite foundation is the Estee Lauder Double Wear, I would recommend it to you but you said you like light to medium coverage and I'd say double wear is definitely a solid medium to full coverage - nevertheless if you ever decide to go a bit more full on, give it a whirl, you never know!

    Love Jayde-Paris
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig