Friday 7 September 2012

Benefit Bad Gal Mascara

Hey guys, I've been wanting to do a review on this for a little while now.  I had a free sample with a magazine a little while ago, but until a few days ago hadn't opened it.  If you want to see what I thought, have a look below under the pics :) 







My Thoughts

So the big question, did I like it?  Surprisingly No.  And I'll tell you why.  This is probably the biggest annoyance for me with mascara samples.  They usually use the cheapiest most rubbish wand possible, and put their usually decent product/formulation inside.  Now, in a mascara, as important as the formula is, the brush, I'd say, is even more important.  Now yes, my lashes looked pretty decent, but my god did it take a lot of effort to get them there.  The bristles would barely touch my lashes, so it was an ardous task that I didn't enjoy.    I've had a little look online and it seems that the brush in the sample is different from the one in the full size.  So, really I still don't know what this mascara is like - for me, personally, it's all about the brush/applicator, that can sink or swim a mascara, and because the one in the sample was so bad, I'm not in a rush to get a full size one, sorry Benefit!  And, as you may know, I haven't had the best experiences with Benefit anyway, so there's no love lost there.

Ultimately, for what it's worth, it seems like a decent mascara, I didn't like the brush in the sample and I thought the formula was fairly dry.  It did give me pretty decent lashes, but because of all of the above, I doubt I'd ever buy it.

Sorry for another negative post :p  But you know me, I like to be honest and say what I see.

Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've never liked the Bad Gal samples that I've had with Glamour either. I had no idea that the brush was different, maybe that explains why I've heard such great things about the full sized product! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a pity that mascarra was disappointing, hopefully its because they put less effort into their samples. I was looking at this the other day at the benefit counter but didn't buy it. L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brought this in Glamour too - I hated it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't gotten around to trying my sample. Shame they use a crap brush, bit silly really as it will put people off buying full size. Brands really should concentrate on making their samples perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the sample too and loved it! I've now got the full sized. Funny how different things work for different people isn't it! Because it's the best mascara I've tried :0 how strange!

    Becky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i also got the sample.. and i found it pretty good... <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig