Tuesday 11 September 2012

Competition Entry - Beauty and the beach

Hey guys!  Random one tonight, the folks over at Travelsupermarket are running a competition at the moment to create a look for hair, makeup and nails fit for the beach :)  Never one to shy away from a challenge I thought I'd step up and see what I come up with :)  Here's my look - I hope you like it xxx

Inspiration

So, my inspiration for the look may seem obvious (the beach) but hey, that's what we're creating a look for :)  For the different elements, I've sourced different inspiration. 

Nails - inspiration is Mother of Pearl
Hair - Curvy sea shells
Makeup - Bronzed / sandy

images taken from Pinterest

Hair

So as I mentioned I took inspiration from curvy shells - like the one pictured above.  Now, if your hair is anything like mine, it's hard to bare to have it fully down when you're somewhere windy i.e. the beach.  So, I did a side parting and did a front twist, pinning it back on the side using two bobby pins (crossing them over).  This keeps the bulk of the hair at the front, out of my face #winning.

Nails

So nails, I wanted to create something that is similar to mother of pearl / pearls / golden.  So to do this I used two of my favourite nail polishes, I used Essie's Fiji (loooove this colour!) and Rimmel's Disco Gold for the top coat.  Even if I do say so myself, I love this combination!  How have I never put these together before?  Even though I did these for a competition, I'll be keeping them going as long as I can and will probably re-do them :)  TIP:  To make sure your nails last for your day at the beach, make sure you use a good base coat and top coat - my favourite is the Seche ones :)



Makeup

What I wanted to achieve with this look is a lovely golden, bronzed and well highlighted look - a sort of dewey finish.  Here's the look, how I created it and why I chose what I did :)


Eyes
For this I used... quite a lot ;)  After priming I started off with a base of the Maybelline colour tattoo in On and On Bronze.  I then used 2 shades of the MUA Undressed palette.  Shade 4 for the inner half of the eye and shade 10 for the outer half (you can see the difference more on the eye on the left).  I then used shade 1 under the browbone and on the inner corner of the eye, taking it under the eye for about 1/3.  Then I took a L'Oreal eye liner in (contour khol) in 164 Chrome Brown underneath the eye all the way a long the line.  (it's also worth noting I brought the colour tattoo underneath the eye too).  Next, I took my Chanel liquid eyeliner (black) and lined the eye, winging it out a little.  Then I curled my eye lashes and applied my Maybelline One by One mascara.

Skin
For foundation, I opted for the Ginvera BB cream as it has SPF 30, so it's giving you protection when you're in the sun.  If I didn't have a BB cream, I would have opted for the YSL touche eclat foundation to bring luminosity to the skin.  I concealed with the Maybelline Dream Lumi touch under the eyes, on any troubled areas, and where I wanted to apply a highlighter (cheeckbones, down the nose, cupids bow and on the chin a little).  Then I took out my Barry M Natural Dazzle bronzer and contoured with it (in the hollows of the cheek, on the temples, around the hairline and down the jawline).  Then, I used my L'Oreal Glam Bronze trio, I used the bronzer on my cheeks, cheekbones and lightly went over my temples to create a glamourous bronzed look.  Next step was blush, and for this I used my NYX blusher in Pinched - this has a lovley golden glow which added a beautiful shimmer to my cheeks.  Then I took my Sleek highlighter, applied that to the cheekbones, dusted it across my forehead, down the nose, cupids bow and on the chin. 

Lips
I wanted to keep this simple.  The last thing I'd want is to wear a gloss, have my hair flying everywhere and my hair sticking to my lip (my pet hate!) so I opted for Givenchy gloss/balm - it's the most amazing texture, even though it's a gloss, the texture is a balm, so you're keeping your lips hydrated when at the beach, and adding a touch of sparkle.  Perfect.


I teamed up this look with pearl drop earrings, a pearl bracelet, a mae movement rose gold bracelet, and my Michael Kors rose gold watch.

I hope you like the look I created and where I got my inspiration from for it, I must admit I had really good fun creating it - and I learnt that my husband is great at taking close up pics of my eyes - something I'll have to get him to do more often :p

Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Your eye makeup looks are always brilliant! This is the exact summer look I like to go for :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely :) Yeah a metallic bronze is such a nice summer colour (also nice for Autumn) :)

      Delete
  2. Really great! I'll have to get my thinking cap on xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the entry! Love the eye makeup and the nail combo! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig