Thursday 13 September 2012

First day of Uni advice

Hey guys, another different post for you today :)

So many years ago, I went to uni.  It was a bit of a mixed experience, both good and bad.  But what I'll never forget is my first day.  Super stressful and scared, but I made friends that day that I still have now, 13 years on :)  So what I've done is put together some tips and advice for all you new freshers, hope it helps :)

Things to take on your first day

Ok, you're probably going to have had a list from your Uni/Course of stuff they want you to bring on your first day, all standard stuff, but from experience you'll need a few extras - here's what I would recommend.
  • Bottle of water
  • Paracetamol
  • Pen/Pencil
  • Notebook
  • Purse with cash for coffee/tea/pop etc
  • Hair tie
  • Bobby pins
  • Lip balm
  • Emergency makeup kit (things like concealer, eyeliner, lip gloss)
  • Phone
  • MP3 player + headphones
  • Tissues
  • Antihistamines (last thing you want is to sneeze your way through introductions!)
  • Umbrella
That's about it - of course if you're asthmatic take an inhaler, if you're diabetic take your insulin yadda yadda yadda :)  

Clothes

I'd go for comfort, you're likely to be walking around a lot having tours of the floors etc and doing ice breaking stuff, so comfortable shoes, jeans or leggings, vest top, cardigan, scarf - if I was starting this week, that's what I'd go for :)  Something simple, but pretty :)

Make the most of freshers week/fortnight, it's a great opportunity to meet lots of other people and have fun, I missed out on quite a bit of freshers stuff because I was so homesick.  It took me a while to get to know people on my course too (other than my best friend) and I really think making the effort to go out for freshers events would have made a difference.  So, go out of your comfort zone, meet people, drink, have fun :)  These should be some of the best years of your life, so sit back and enjoy the ride :)

Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Thanks for this post. No one really tells you what happens on the first day! I was debating wearing heeled boots to make myself feel better but if there are ice breakers I know I'll regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun! I forgot my tablets on my first day :( but it has been an interesting week to say the least. I am really hoping that I find a great friend on this course, as I am a mature student I find it's harder to make a connection these days. Anyho great post and I will be going by that list again this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it time :) It took me a while to gel with people, but the friends I made all those years ago are now still my best friends :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig