Wednesday 19 September 2012

Maybelline Colour Tattoos USA edition

Hey guys!  So I called this post 'USA edition' because I wasn't sure what to call it... I recently did a makeup swap as you know, and 4 of the products I got (I'd requested these) were the limited edition colour tattoos that Maybelline have launched for Autumn/Fall.  First off, I love them! Second off, here's the pics and review at the bottom ;)




My Thoughts

I've found the colour tattoo's to be a bit hit and miss... the turquoise one creased on me like a mf'er, others don't blend well (the grey one), but I really loved these colours so I really wanted to try them, and boy am I glad I did!

I have the full collection (Mossy Green, Gold Shimmer, Barely Beige, Rich Mahogany <-- hello Anchorman!) - first thing that strikes me is that Barely Beige is really similar to the MAC Painterly paint pot, it's a good base colour for pretty much any colour/powder you want to put on top.

They all blend well, and you can wear all 4 colours at the same time starting with barely beige in the inner corner and 1/3rd, then Gold shimmer in the middle, then rich mahogany on the outer third, then, use the mossy green on the outer corner and taking it into the crease :)  The Maybelline quad in Smokey Cinnamon goes really well over the top if you want the tattoo's to last longer :) (yes, I got that too, which I might add, is equally awesome!).  As for their longevity, they've been lasting for about... 6-8 hours before they really start creasing and to be fair, that's about as long as normal eye shadows last with me so I'm pretty happy with that :)  Overall I love them, super happy with the colours, especially the mossy green :)

Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Mossy green is my fav too.. I am also a big fan of Maybeline Tattoos.. Thanks for sharing

    Love from Mahrukh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barely Beige is my favourite :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah it's a really nice collection :D I think the quality has improved on from the original ones too :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this review, love the beige!! I always go subtle on eyes tho!

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait till their in the UK :) Ax

    http://thequirkyfox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look so pretty, I dont understand why we didnt get these ones in the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we usually get Maybelline products much later than USA, so hopefully they'll launch them, just later ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm so jealous that you managed to get your hands on these! :)
    they're such lovely colours :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe - yeah I was lucky to do find someone to do a makeup swap with me, and at this time when they're out :)

      Delete
  8. nice products with good shades:)
    sparklingmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They better come out over here quick smart :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig