Monday 30 September 2013

Products I regret buying #1

5 products I regret buying

I usually research products I'm going to buy pretty well online before I make a purchase, sometimes I don't and I go on impulse, but even when researching products I still manage to buy some duds that just don't work for me.  So I thought I'd start up a blog mini-series on products that I don't like and I haven't got on with, here's what I've not been enjoying (kind of, anti-favourites!).

Dainty Doll blusher in 01
Dainty doll blusher in 001

Don't get me wrong, I like Dainty Doll, I have the blusher in 02 and I really like it, but what compelled me to pick up a light lilac shade I'll never know - I'm not sure what skin tone this would work on, but pale isn't it.  I think I just got a little excited over the hype around them being on Fragrance Direct for £1.99 and panic bought - either way, I ended up with one blusher I like (002) and one I don't (001).

New Look | Kelly Brook bronzer
New Look Kelly brook bronzer

Now, this product I didn't actually buy (so technically it shouldn't be in this list), it was in a goody bag, but I'm adding it in here as I absolutely wouldn't repurchase it and just don't like it.  The pigmentation is insane and it's very dark & sparkly - this isn't a bronzer you could contour with, I'm actually failing to think of anywhere you could put this where it would look nice - it's certainly not one for very pale people like myself.  Sorry New Look, I love your clothes, just not this bronzer!

Maybelline Master drama liquid eyeliner in Black & L'Oreal Super liner in perfect slim
Liquid eyeliners

Maybelline products are normally a hit for me, but back a few months ago I was determined to find a dupe for my Chanel Ecriture liquid eyeliner (which I eventually found!) and this was one of the products I bought whilst on my endeavour.  Sadly, very quickly it transferred onto my eyelid leaving an unsightly black line there, and the product itself wasn't very black and didn't come off the pen very well.  Just a bit of an all round fail for me, this isn't something I'd consider buying again and after this post it'll be finding a new home in the bin.

The same goes for the L'Oreal one - both I had the exact same issue with (transferring onto my lid & not black enough).  They just were underperforming and underwhelming.  This will also be accompanying the Maybelline liner to it's new home in the bin.

Revlon nearly naked foundation
Revlon nearly naked foundation

This actually pains me, I wanted to love this so much.  I'd seen so many amazing reviews and through it's launch I was on a 100 day spending ban, it was hard not buying it, and in a moment of weakness I nearly broke my ban to buy it, I'm so glad I didn't.  The day after my ban finishing I rushed out and picked this up, but boy oh boy was it a disappointment. It cracked over all my fine lines and pores over my face, it clung to dry patches and just looked hideous on my skin, it was really really obvious I was wearing foundation, not a good look.  I couldn't wait to get it off my face, I've tried it again and again using different applicators (hands, beauty blender, RT miracle complexion sponge, foundation brush, stippling brush) and none of them gave a good finish.  I have to admit defeat, this didn't work for me one little bit.

So there's my disappointing products and ones that won't be making it back on the shopping list in the future, did you have similar experiences with any of these?



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. The bronzer looks usable as an eyeshadow if it performs good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love posts like this! That bronzer looks so wierd!!!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts! It's so interesting hearing what products didn't work for people. I love the L'oreal Perfect Slim but the Maybelline one didn't work for me as it wasn't black enough :)


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a shame about the eye liners - it's hard to find a really good, super black one! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dainty doll blusher works brilliantly as a highlight! I made the same mistake, panic bought from fragrance direct, and before I wrote it off completely I tried it as a highlight, and it's perfect :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my dainty doll blusher but agree that that shade in particular maybe wasn't a good idea.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love L'Oreal Super Slim but not the Revlon Nearly Naked...

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a bunch of products that I feel the same about! Have you tried the bronzer as an eyeshadow? It might look pretty as a crease color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! That is a very interesting colour blusher haha. I love the Collection 24hr Extreme Felt Tip Eyeliner, it's pigmented and doesn't transfer :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure about that bronzer, looks very dark x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a shame you don't like that foundation - I get on with it quite well, well mostly. That blusher omg what were you thinking - no offence. :) Got to love Fragrance Direct though hehe. Love Laura xxx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been meaning to try the L'oreal super line but I've heard so many bad reviews think I'll give it a miss. Your review was great I hate it when black eyeliners come out like a pale black! Love this review, thank you :)

    Jenny :)
    www.jenfarny.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these posts. Shows that a blogger is even handed with reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the Nearly Naked foundation and the L'Oreal liner. I can't remember exactly why I didn't like the foundation, not enough coverage for me I think. The liner I actually quite liked but the end of the nib kind of stopped working so I had to kind of lay it down along my eyelid to get it to work and then it lost the whole perfect slim thing!

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always nice to see how other's experience with the same products are. I love both the L'oreal and Maybelline liner ( I do prefer the L'oreal out of the two).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig