Thursday 12 September 2013

My thoughts #2 | Selling clothes

Today it's a bit of a lifestyle post, I absolutely love doing these and you guys seem to enjoy reading them too :)  Now, I don't know about you, but I know I don't have room to store all of my clothes, as they get old or I buy new seasonal stuff, I don't retire the old stuff, which means, my room ends up looking like this...


FYI, that's not me in the picture, I took that off 'We Heart It', however, I did used to have pink hair like that and bracelets like that going up my arm :)

Donate to charity
This is probably what I do most with my clothes, or at least I tell myself I do!  My problem is I only donate clothes that are pretty much in pristine condition, so ones in good enough condition that I'd happily buy them in the store.  I'd never give anything away I wouldn't be happy to purchase myself. But most of the time it's other stuff I give to charity, old board games, books, plates things like that.

Throw in the bin
I know this isn't the most amazing option, but I do this when I have clothes that are damaged (torn jeans, tops with holes in them) and should have been gotten rid of a long time ago.  Sometimes though I'll cut some of the material out of them and use them to make things with, like handbags :)  I have a little sewing box under the bed with lots of different craft bits in (buttons, beads, offcuts of material etc).

Leave out for the charity people to collect from your house
I so often get the charity bags put through my door, at least once a week, but I'm always scared that someone will either steal them (why they'd want my clothes I've no idea), or that they'll be selling them on for too much money - I know they often get sent to third world countries where individuals buy a bag of clothes for a few pennies and sell them to other people there, which is a positive thing as it's helping people earn money

Sell your clothes
There's loads of different ways you could sell your clothes, eBay, but then you do have listing fee's, but if you're selling them for a decent price that's not so bad.  I've seen bloggers recently selling clothes via Instagram too, there's no listing feels that way!  You could try passing some of them off as vintage and sell them on Etsy (holy moley I love that store!), or you could sell them to Music Magpie (with free postage too).

There's loads of ways to have a good clear out of your wardrobe, and as we're changing seasons now is a great time to get out your warmer clothes and have a sort out :)

I'm sure there's lots of other wonderful ways to get rid of old clothes, but these are the main ones I could think of :)

This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Oh i have so many baby clothes that arent even used, im thinking of having a good clear out and selling them all. Facebook has some local selling groups which is really helpful and cuts out any selling fees.

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had a huge clear out of all my clothes and products, i feel much better knowing theres less stuff to make a mess :)

    www.frankiebooxx.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading about Swishing this morning, sounds like a funky way of getting ride of clothes xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig