Saturday 14 September 2013

Max Factor Clump Defy mascara

A pic of the max factor clump defy mascara

I actually picked this up a couple of months ago (maybe longer), I'd been keeping it sealed as I had so many mascaras open (and still do), but curiosity got the better of me once I heard that Max Factor were basically Cover Girl and this was pretty much the same as the Clump Crusher - so I tore the protective plastic off the tube and excitedly applied it to my lashes, here's how I got on.

The max factor clump defy wand
A pic of the clump defy on the lashes, one coat and then two coats

the clump defy on my lashes from the front showing both eyes
** Two coats **

I actually like this even more now that I'm looking at the photo's, I can see just how good it is.  I know there's not much difference between one and two coats on my top lashes, but definitely a difference on the bottom lashes.  I did get some fallout during the day under my eye, but it wasn't a lot and it was easily wiped away.  I really like the brush, I'm a big fan of rubber brushes and this one didn't disappoint, it's also curved to help grab more of your lashes when you apply it.  The formulation really smells (chemically), just like the Cover Girl lash blast I've tried before, but once it's dried you don't smell it at all so it doesn't really bother me.

I love that it didn't clump my lashes together and it was really good at curling my lashes (as in all my mascara reviews, I don't curl my lashes first).

All in all I really like this, I'd definitely replace it as I think it outperforms some high end mascaras, the price does feel a little high for the high street (around £11 - I bought this on offer for £7.99) but you are getting a very good product for your money.  If you like high end mascaras I'd definitely give this one a try as you might find a nice replacement in it.  If you love the high street brands, I'd still give this a go, I know it's a bit expensive for the high street, but it is a really decent mascara and gives really lovely lashes.

Have you tried the clump defy mascara?  What did you think?


This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I've been wondering about this for a while but haven't seen anyone review it yet. It looks impressive! I think I'll be trying this for my short and stubby lashes aha xx

    LISA // MISSLISA.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just done a post on this vs the falsies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing, I liked it much more once I have written my review and looked at the photos! I still found the formula quite thin though.

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sort of reminds me of Theyre real from benefit it has that same sort of lengthening properties

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lashes look so long and lovely, this sounds great!
    zozeze.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been umming and ahhing over this for ages. I might grab it if I see it on offer anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! :)

    http://blushingbeautyxo.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Rimmel and Maybelline mascaras as they always work so well and are such a good price

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig