Tuesday 1 October 2013

MUA Ever after matte palette

The MUA ever after matte palette

Remember my 'Fairly thrifty haul' I posted just over a week ago?  Well, I know a week is pretty fast to review a makeup product, I wouldn't normally review one this quickly, but I've worn it everyday since and how it's performed has been consistent every day, so I figured I'd jump in and do the review :)

Swatches of the MUA ever after matte palette on my arm

MUA matte palette on the lids
** I don't proclaim to be a professional at applying shadow, so excuse the imperfection of it **

I'm really liking this palette.  I wouldn't say the formulation is creamy, but they're not dry, somewhere in between.  What I have found is that I've reached for this instead of my UD Naked basics palette, there's a much better variety of shades in this and they really are a decent quality.  They blend pretty well, of course, if they were creamier they'd blend a bit better but they still blend pretty well.  I tend to use a light colour all over the lid and up to the brows, then the shade Chino over most of the lid (not to the brows), then I work Truffle through the crease and warm it up with that, and taking that shade down under the water line as well to connect it all up.

In the Autumn I'm a big fan of matte looks, I think they compliment a dark lip really nicely and look more classic.  There's a lovely range of shades here, from the cool row at the top which are great for highlighting and creating a nice light base for the darker shades to sit on, then you have the bottom row, 5 warm shades perfect for creating a smokey eye, or 'Chino' and 'Penny' which are great just to add a small amount of warmth to your look.

Pigmentation is surprisingly decent, I think some people have thought that the light colours weren't pigmented enough, but when you swatch them on pale skin they're not likely to look as strong, personally I think they're just fine, anything more intense than that will be harder to work with, and this is supposed to be more of an everyday palette, which for me, it is.

I really like this palette, and find myself reaching for it most days at the moment, MUA have really outdone themselves with this one, I now can't wait to see the MUA Luxe range, especially the liquid matte lipsticks.

And before you go, if you haven't seen it yet, here's my September Favourites :)




This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. For some reason I didn't have very high expectations for this palette, but it's lovely! Xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a brilliant palette, I didn't think much of it when MUA spammed their FB page with photos of it, but you've done a fabulous eye look there (not professional, hah, you're better than me!) xx

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a lovely palette x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks good - it's nice to see a budget matte palette that delivers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this may be making its way to my shopping basket tonight when I go shopping, I fancied it after watching your September favourites but after seeing the swatches I need it. It'll also save me from caving in and buying the Urban Decay Basics palette for a little while longer x

    Tinkerbell and the Lost Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all you did an amazing job at applying the eye shadows . I love the colours but i am not sure they would show up that nicely on me like they did it on you . I have light beige complexion with yellow undertones so i don't know whether to buy it or not :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try this palette; it sounds so good and i love the range of shades it has!

    Natalie xx
    Youralmostalice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your eye makeup looks fabulous! Wish I was as good as applying eyeshadow! I wasn't too bothered by this palette but your post has made me want to pick one up :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this Georgina. I'm going to get one of these today I think. Carly. X


    Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this palette. I don't have many matte shades but I'm starting to really like them. I love the eye look :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig