Monday 16 September 2013

September Birchbox

It's that time of the month again to see what arrived in my September Birchbox!  So without further ado, here's what I received.

The contents of my September Birchbox

I must confess, I did a little squee when I saw that teeny tiny miniature Bioderma was in there, I'm running really low on mine and it's so so cute!

Reverence de Bastien nail polish | £16 in No.14
I know it looks black in the photo, but it's actually a deep blood red/browny colour varnish.  I haven't tried wearing it yet so can't comment about it.  The only first impression I can give would be that I would have expected the packaging to feel a bit more expensive considering this is more expensive than OPI, I mean, it feels cheaper than Essie.  But, the product inside could be amazing :)  I did like the white tea moisturiser they had in a Birchbox a couple of months ago (that'll be in my next empties post).

Bioderma Sebium H20 | £9.99
Hummina hummina hummina! I freakin' love this stuff! I'm just coming to the end of my second large bottle of this (I had two for my birthday in April, so that's how well they last 4-5 months for 2 bottles). I must admit, I'm really getting into French skincare, my skin is in the best condition it's been in ever, and I can only say that since I switched to a combination of Bioderma and La Roche Posay, I sometimes add other things to the mix, but that's what I use daily.  I really highly recommend Bioderma, if you haven't tried it yet and you have some Birchbox points, now is the time to do it, as it's one of this months' products, it's free delivery with them too :)

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick | £15.50 for a set of 3 (mine is shade Kitty)
I have really mixed views about ModelCo products, I find they're very hit and miss.  Their kohl liner I really liked, but that was about it, however, this lipstick does feel better quality than the previous lipstick of theirs I've tried, this smells lovely too.  It's a pretty nude shade with a slight sparkle, I haven't used it yet or swatched it so I can't comment on the quality of the product, but the packaging feels nice, very solid, and there's a window on the top so you can see in to see the colour, similar to Revlon lipsticks.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel | £31
I'm actually pretty excited by this, when I went to the Christmas blogger event in London last year, I had a hand massage by AA and that was my first introduction to them, I felt so relaxed afterwards and my hands felt so soft and smelt amazing.  I haven't smelt this yet as it's sealed up, but I will be giving it a road test over the next couple of weeks and will try to remember to blog about it :)

Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Nourishing body lotion | £18
In the August Birchbox there was a mini Molton Brown Ylang Ylang body wash in my Birchbox, so it's nice to see them follow up with another product from the same range.  It smells lovely and lets face it, it's a pretty cute bottle too!

Lifestyle extra
I'm very pleased to report the lifestyle extra this month, was a little white chocolate Green & Black's mini chocolate bar, how delicious!


This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is a really good box, it has tempted me into resubscribing to Birchbox, I haven't been subscribed to any beauty box for a couple of months now so , this pushed me over the edge hahaxxx Laura A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely box, It has certainly tempted me more than the other Birchboxes ive seen xx

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just re-subbed because I thought the box looked fab this month! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig