Tuesday 24 September 2013

RH Nail designs

Handpainted cherry blossom nails by RH nail designs

A few weeks ago I was approached by the lovely Rachael to see if I'd like to try out a set of her hand painted stick on nails - I don't know if she'd read or noticed that my nails were super short and bitten down, or just that I was nail obsessed but clearly I jumped at the chance!  My nails were looking horrific and I needed all the help I could get, so I headed over to her blog to have a look at which nail design I wanted.  

I wanted to go for something I felt I couldn't do myself, so no polka dots as that's kinda my signature nail art thing to do (because it's super easy!)  I have to say, since I picked my pattern (cherry blossom) she's done some other amazing ones (clouds, cherries and an AMAZING cookie monster!)

The nails came numbered so you could see which was supposed to be for which nail, there was a tiny bit of damage to a couple of them (silly me had them delivered via work which meant they got squished between heavy boxes & parcels, despite them being wrapped in bubble wrap, but the cracks were easily fixed with a bit of nail glue).  They were pretty long, I prefer short nails, especially if my nails are really short underneath as they'll last longer, so after putting them on I filed them right back to a length I was happy with.  How cute do they look!?

Custom cherry blossom nails by RH nail designs
** before filing **

Such pretty nails :)  She doesn't send them with nail glue, but that's fine, I tend to keep a bottle around anyway, I just love how they were custom made and painted just for me, such a personal service. Rachael was so lovely to deal with too.  The nails came within about a week which includes her hand painting and drying them, numbering them and posting them etc which is pretty good.

Custom cherry blossom nails after being filed down
** after filing **

Here they are after I've filed them down to a more comfortable length for me.  The nails themselves were quite pliable which meant they stuck to the nail well - I hate it when they're really stiff and don't bend to your nail, they never last well then.

All in all I was really happy with the service I had from Rachael (aka RH Nail designs), you can find her blog here with all her custom nail designs on (http://rhnaildesigns.blogspot.co.uk/), prices vary depending on the design but are roughly £5-7 and inlcude 1st class Royal Mail delivery - if you're outside the UK it may be a little more than that, I'm guessing the more complex the more expensive.  If you're reading this outside the UK you'll be pleased to know she ships internationally too :)  Just send her an email if you're interested in buying a set: rachaelharman91@gmail.com. 



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Oh these look fabulous, I recently had some glitter stiletto nails made which are fab but these look so natural. Great choice with design also so pretty.
    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty. I normally find stick on nails a hit or a miss. Very talented lady. Lx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the floral design! x

    http://lifeinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea! Love the design xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig