Wednesday 11 September 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara

Rimmel Scandaleyes retro glam mascara in black

A bit like yesterday's post, I also picked this up in my 'I want to try lots of new stuff' haul.  I hadn't heard anything about it, just saw it and that it was new (about a month ago) and decided to try it, I think it was only about £4.99 or thereabouts so there wouldn't be much love lost if I didn't like it.

Rimmel retro glam wand


The packaging is nice, black and white and feels very solid.  The wand really reminds me of the Max Factor wild mega volume mascara...

Comparison of Rimmel retro glam wand and Max Factor wild mega volume wand

The MaxFactor one is slightly shorter and straight at the end, but that's the only difference as far as the wand goes.  For the formula, I prefer the MaxFactor one, I will be reviewing it soon.  The Rimmel one is currently £6.99 in Superdrug, and the MaxFactor one should be the same price, but currently has £2 off at Superdrug (that's where I bought both of them).

Natural eyelashes

One coat of rimmel retro glam mascara
Two coats of rimmel retro glam mascara

Spidery lashes with Rimmel retro glam

The biggest thing I didn't like about the Rimmel retro glam mascara was how spidery it made my lashes look.  One coat was just about ok, but it didn't make my lashes look amazing, but two coats and my lashes were all caked together (not a good look).

What it did well is curling my lashes, you can really see that in the difference between two coats and one coat in the pictures.  There was a bit of fallout from it during the day too, but not too bad, certainly nothing most mascara's don't do to me (other than Maybelline Rocket Volum (review here) - that stuff is awesome).

All in all this isn't a bad mascara, but if you're spending £6.99 on a mascara, I'd put an extra £1 towards it and pick up the Rocket instead - it stays put, doesn't clump and works very much like a waterproof mascara.  If you're a big fan of Rimmel, then you might well really like this :)  But personally, I'm a big fan of Maybelline for mascara and in my opinion, the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam mascara doesn't hold a torch to it.

This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Oh im not a fan of spider lashes either, the wand is not something id usually pic.

    great review!

    Liza | Glambeautys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a bit of an unconventional wand, but doesn't put me off. The spidery lashes do tho...

      Delete
  2. Ah this looks pretty disappointing, the advert made it look fab! But I suppose they always do haha. It looks far too clumpy for my liking, I prefer something more natural. The Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Curl Mascara is my favourite at the minute, total doll-like lashes, I love it!

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - whats more, it was the first Rimmel mascara I'd tried ever - not a good first impression.

      Delete
  3. What a shame! I recently picked this up but haven't used it.. damn!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spider lashes are just not a good look! I find when the brushes are all fancy like these they never seem to be as good!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really dislike spidery lashes.. ages the eyes!

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really depens on the lashes. Mine are just fine with this mascara, just have to make few moves to put the mascara good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig