Wednesday 4 September 2013

Perfect lipsticks for Autumn 2013

7 perfect lipsticks for Autumn
There's no denying it, it's now officially Autumn, and you know what? I couldn't be happier.  We've had a stunning Summer and are set for a lovely Autumn.  The weather is still lovely, I'm taking out all my cinnamon scents and darker lipsticks.  The only thing I'm dreading about Autumn, are the giant spiders that are starting to emerge in people's houses, I'm pretty much living in fear of seeing on at the moment *shudders*.  On that happy note, here's what'll be adorning my lips over the next couple of months.

I've picked 7 different shades (I'm afraid, one is discontinued), so in theory, you could wear one each day of the week :)

In all of the following pictures, the swatch on the arm was applied from the bullet, and in the photo's of the lips the lipstick was applied with a brush.

 MAC Rebel
MAC Rebel
This is such a popular shade for any occasion, but I particularly love this for Autumn.  If you apply it with a brush it's more like a hot pink with a purple edge, apply it from the bullet and it's the same but darker.  What's more, with MAC lipsticks you get fantastic quality and great staying power.  This is my first and only MAC lipstick and I've had it a few months, I've pretty much been waiting for Autumn to appear so I can start wearing it (review here).

 Revlon Black Cherry
Revlon black cherry
This really is a beautiful colour for this time of year.  I bought this last Autumn and wore it a lot - again, a lot of people are scared by the colour as it looks so dark in the bullet, but if you apply it with a brush, it's a lot less scary and you'll get a nicer finish.  This is part of their permanent collection so you should be able to head out to Boots or Superdrug now and pick this up (review here).

L'Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash in 402 Milady
Loreal GlamShine stain splash in Milady
 Aside from having a forgettable and very long title, this is really a beautiful lipstick/gloss hybrid.  Be careful though, it really does stain (that swatch on my arm I did 5 hrs ago and it's still there, even after attacking it with Bioderma!).  I used a little bit of a similar colour lipstick and a lip brush to line the edge of my lips as a guide for the wand.  It applies really beautifully and lasts really well.  Warning though, it is a little on the sticky side, so you may want to steer clear if you're not keen on that.  They're not overly sticky, certainly not to the extent of a MAC dazzle glass (horrifically sticky!).

Lime Crime Velvetine in Red Velvet
Lime crime velvetine in red velvet
This is one of my all time favourite lipsticks.  It dries to a beautiful soft matte finish and has tremendous lasting power.  I've even slept overnight with it on, and woken up the next morning and it's been perfect!  This I also applied with a lip brush, I always prefer to do that so I can get a perfect outline.  But seriously, how beautiful is this shade?!  Perfect for pale skin, this will give you a beautiful autumn glow, just team it up with a big scarf and some knee high boots and you'll be ready to take the world on (review here).

Maybelline ColorSensational in Midnight Plum
Maybelline colorsensational in midnight plum
I've had this lipstick longer than I care to admit to, and it's arguably going to leave your lips feeling drier than the rest of the ones I've picked out, but it's still a great choice, it's not drying, just drier than the others.  Applied with a brush it's a beautiful fresh purple with blue toned sparkle in it, which is always great as it helps to whiten the appearance of your teeth.  Apply from the bullet and your lips will take on a deeper berry tone, what's more, this will compliment a multitude of different skin tones.

 Rimmel Kate Moss Matte in 107
Rimmel kate moss matte in 107
If you're looking for a cheap lipstick (just over £5) with great pigmentation but not overly shiny, then this is the one for you.  It's not too dark, but still falls in line with the Autumn 2013 colours (purples/reds/berries).  This also isn't drying at all, just a beautiful Autumnal shade, a perfect staple for your handbag (old video review here).

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon
Chanel rouge allure laque in dragon
I'm afraid, this is the one that's discontinued - and arguably the most beautiful.  Chanel do have another similar-ish shade in their current collection called Phoenix, which isn't too dissimilar to this.  For quality and finish, this is fantastic.  Despite how glossy it looks, it really does stay in place and doesn't bleed.  It's rich and massively pigmented, like the other photo's this was applied with a lip brush, even then look how deep red it is!?  I was very lucky when I bought this, it had already been discontinued, even Chanel HQ couldn't find any on their database, but when I popped into my local Superdrug, she had 1 left in the drawer, which I speedily picked up before they were all gone.  This is probably one of the most beautiful lip products I own, and one that is sadly irreplaceable (old review here!). 

TIP: Don't be afraid of dark or bright colours in the bullet, if you apply it with a lip brush you get a more beautiful finish, and it won't be as dark/bright.  Lipstick also tends to last longer when applied with a brush, and you'll have a perfect edge which will make it easy to top up from the bullet later on when you're out and about.

So they're my recommendations for perfect lipsticks for this Autumn 2013.  I'm sure there are lots and lots of other beautiful shades, some which may be better than these, but I picked these from my collection and are the ones I'll be wearing this season.

What's going to be on your lips this Autumn?

This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. OK, I actually love each and every one of these. I'm not usually in to berry coloured lips and don't own any but I am finding myself YEARNING for these ones?! Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Yeah - they're gorgeous shades, I love them all!

      Delete
  2. I own so many of these are share the same love for them! You have great taste ;P
    That Chanel Dragon shade though... NEEDING IT!

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah the Chanel Dragon shade is amazing, my ultimate red :) A very glamorous shade :)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow the Chanel shade is SOOO beautiful! Such a great selection, I'm looking forward to sporting Rimmel 107 this autumn too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunning isn't it ;) The Rimmel one is beautiful too :)

      Delete
  4. I love the Lime Crime Velvetine as well - they're amazing. Chanel dragon is also amazing, such a shame it's discontinued x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good - although, I am looking forward to them releasing their pink shade :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I really want to try a velvetine, or just anything from Lime Crime! That shade is gorgeous.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of their other stuff, but the Velvetine in Red Velvet is amazing!

      Delete
  6. Rebel is amazing for AW and i actually wish i used it more haha:P

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so perfect for this time of year I love it!

      Delete
  7. I really want Black Cherry! Totally out of my comfort zone but I'd love to give it a go :) The Lime Crime Velventine looks gooorrrgeous too. I have two of the L'Oreal 'things', one in Milady, and I really don't like them! They are just a total faff on to apply and I always end up making them look a bit odd. Shame because I was so excited to try them!

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely shades, I have always wanted to try rebel but black cherry looks almost exactly the same so will be picking that up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely adore all your picks! i desperately need Mac Rebel or possibly Revlon black cherry... they are very similar ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Revlon Black Cherry looks a great dupe for MAC's Rebel. Awesome picks x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of Black Cherry and the Rimmel one. The Lime Crime one looks gorgeous too, you can tell in your picture that it has the most lovely finish. I need to be brave and get some colours like these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh goodness, that Chanel one looks fantastic! So sad it's not available anymore. Also black cherry and rebel look fairly similar. Could be an alternative for someone who doesn't want to spend the money of the mac one. I wonder if I can find that lime crime velvetine in the states because it's perfect.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!
    I'm in love with Rebel and the Lime Crime Velvetine in Red Velvet!
    Unfortunately, I have never seen Lime Crime here, do you know a website that ships internationally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few - I get mine for www.cutecosmetics.co.uk

      xxx

      www.erinjaine.blogspot.com

      Delete
  14. I got so excited at the Chanel one!!!! Then saw the discontinued bit. Sob. Will have to check out their other colours!

    xxx

    www.erinjaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig