Wednesday 25 September 2013

Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge

real techniques miracle complexion sponge and packaging

You may or may not have seen that Real Techniques have released their very own version of the beauty blender.  This one is a little different though, it has a flat side to it, if you want to see what I thought about it, keep on reading.

real techniques miracle complexion sponge

Bit of a blogging fail - forgot to photograph it 'before' using it :/

So, first off how do you use it?  Well, run it under the tap and give it a good few squeezes.  Then put it down for a minute or two.  Then, you'll notice it's about twice the size it was and a lot softer.  Now it's ready to put your makeup on.

Pour/pump some foundation on to the back of your hand, and dab this in it, then work it in over the face.  Which side you use is up to you, I prefer the flat side, and I use a dabbing motion to apply it.  The pointed end is great at getting into corners like around your nose or near your eyes.  Once the foundation is on, set it in the usual way and you're good to go.

Next, what I thought about it.  Months ago I was one of the lucky people to get a real beauty blender in my Birchbox (I know, cray cray).  I held off using it for ages as it pretty much scared me (no idea why), but when I did give in and try it I really liked it.  Before blogging I always applied my makeup with a sponge so it felt natural.  But then we ran into problems, the foundation just doesn't sit quite so well on my face with the beauty blender, not with my large pores and fine lines, so it was with a lot of trepidation that I tried the miracle complexion sponge.

It felt a bit bigger and softer than the beauty blender and I much preferred the colour (orange is my second favourite colour after purple).  It applied my foundation well, giving a near flawless finish.  I tried it with a couple of different foundations, ones I knew I liked (BB creams) and ones I knew I didn't like (Revlon Naked foundation *shudders*), and I have to say, even with the naked foundation it worked pretty well.  Don't get me wrong, I still had some similar problems to the beauty blender, but not to the same extent.  I like the different shape with the flat side and how well it worked. 

If you like the beauty blender, then I would say you'd definitely like this, and it's a fraction of the price, just £4.99*, bargain!  You can pick them up online here.



This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Ok I've decided I need this now! Buying today! Such a bargain too.

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like using mine for blotting. Is that weird? L xx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seen this not long ago online, cannot wait to get one & try it out! Never been disappointed by anything from Real Techniques before! :) xo

    http://missmadaboutnails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sounds great, I love my Mac Duo Fibre Brush for Foundation. Want to give this one a go!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just use regular cheap wedge sponges to apply my foundation but find the shape of them a bit awkward sometimes. This sounds lovely though, definitely considering getting one x

    Alavish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my beauty blender so this is a must buy for me :) Thanks for the comparison hun.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot WAIT to try this sponge! as soon as it pops up here in the US I will be pouncing on it so fast! Thanks for this awesome review, Georgina!

    Kristina | Beauty With Compassion

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really good, I like that it's got a flat side, looks a lot easier to use! x

    sleeplesswithsienna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to give this a try! I bet it would do a great job sheering out my Studio Fix Fluid :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's quite adorable but I'm not so sure the softness and the shape wouldn't give my palm cramps as I'm trying to perfect my foundation...

    Beauty By Telie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds awesome, think I may have to pick this up soon! xo

    http://alexxgrace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazed by your blog, wish someday I'll also be as good :)

    http://hellomynamesanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! I was awaiting a review on this sponge! Glad it does the job pretty well! x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig