Tuesday 10 September 2013

NYC Quad in Picnic in Central Park

NYC Quad in Picnic in Central Park

A few weeks ago I wandered into Superdrug and decided to make a few purchases, I wanted to buy things I hadn't seen before, and from brands I hadn't really tried.  Well, I've since reviewed one of those products, the NYC all day long foundation, and today will be the NYC Quad in Picnic in Central Park

Arm swatches of the NYC Quad
The quad on the eye
NYC Quad on both eyes

In the quad there is a pearly white shade, a soft beige that looks very much like Urban Decay Sin, a copper/medium brown shade, and a dark brown.  All have shimmer, but not glitter.

Don't expect the quality to be that of Urban Decay and other high quality shades, but for what you pay it's not bad.  Pigmentation on swatching is good, slightly poorer when applying it to the lid, and you will get quite a lot of fallout, especially with the dark brown, so make sure you have a fan brush or piece of tissue to hand to dust any excess away.  The quad creates a lovely soft natural look, perfect for everyday wear.

I do think that some of these cheaper eye shadows actually work quite well when being applied with the sponge applicator, purely because it picks up more product than a brush so you can get the most out of the shadow.  Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with using sponge tips, but it's all preference, I prefer brushes as I feel I have more control, but sometimes I still use the sponge, like with my Chanel quads.

The quad is normally £3.49 (currently on offer £1 off at Superdrug).  As nice as it is, I do feel like MUA have set the bar a bit high with their Undressed palette for me to say this is really amazing.  For the money, I'd say you're better off putting your money on the Undressed or Undressed 2 palette, it's only 50p more and you'll have twice the amount of shadows and a higher quality.

Man, I'm really going through these negative reviews at the moment! Don't worry, there's lots of things I'm loving at the moment which I'll be blogging about too <3

This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Perfect blending colors these ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have expected NYC to have such nice eye shadows but they're really gorgeous.

    xThea
    OTHEALITY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Georgina!

    What a great post! I love that you photograph the eyeshadows applied on your lids and not just swatch them.

    You get an idea of how they really blend then!

    Love your blog!

    You have a new follower!

    L x
    ♥lucylovehart - ♥life♥beauty♥thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of the gold shade, it's just something I'd never really buy - I'm far too loyal to my UD Naked 2! I agree about MUA though, I have the undressed palette and I'd much rather spend a few quid on lots, than well, not a lot xxx

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours, perfect for a/w.

    Liza | Glambeautys

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like my neutrals with too much shimmer :/

    Beauty By Telie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig