Saturday 28 September 2013

A little treat

Stila in the light palette

Stila in the light shadows

So Wednesday night I had some bad news, my Nana who's 91 was in hospital and very very poorly, I won't go into detail, but things weren't looking good.  So when Thursday came, I went into work and choked back worried tears all day and tried hard not to think about it (she lives in Ireland, I'm in Wales, not exactly practical to pop to the Hospital to visit).  Lunchtime came and I went out for some fresh air, I found myself in Boots and staring at the Stila 'In the light' palette, one I've been lusting after for about a year now.  I didn't actually realise what a good price it is (£25) compared to the Naked palette, so I decided to pick it up as a little treat to cheer myself up.

That evening I had some good news, my Nana was getting better, she was out of ITU and the Drs think she might be able to come home early next week (whoop!), that really was a load of stress off my shoulders, so so thankful that she's on the mend, especially as she's my last grandparent I have alive, and we'll be spending Christmas with her in Ireland (fingers crossed).

Anyway, this isn't a full review or anything as I've only used it twice so far, but my first impressions are great.  I've heard SO MUCH about the shade Kitten so that was the first to go on my lid (very pretty colour, and very similar to UD Sin, but with a little less pink/champagne colour in it).  I've also used it to highlight my lid, what I mean by that is I use the MUA matte palette on the lid (Chino all over the lid, Truffle in the crease) to create a bit of a smokey look, then use a shimmery colour like Stila Sunset on the bottom part of the lid where Chino was sitting to create a bit of a sparkle - you could use this as a day to night look too, just by adding some of the Stila palette over the top to create something a little different.  I must say, the two palettes go together beautifully.

Anyway, this was just a quick post to show you what I treated myself to this week, I'll be doing a full review of it on the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled for that :)


This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Sorry to hear your bad news, hope it's all ok. This palette looks gorgeous! I don't think I've really appreciated how lovely it looks, £25 isn't too bad either I'm seriously tempted now! x

    Alavish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sorry to hear about ur nana glad she is getting better tho. This looks like a lush palette! X

    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to this, my nan was recently very ill too. It looks like both of our nana's are on the mend though so that's great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your nan lovely, *blow kisses*

    I've walked past this palette so many times, I have the UD naked 2 and I can't justify it at the moment, but it sure is hella pretty, sunset looks very 'me' xx

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your nana has been ill Georgina - but brilliant news that she's on the mend and what a fantastic age - bless her! That's is one georgeous palette - looking forward to full review x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your nan, fingers crossed she gets better!

    The eyeshadow looks great, I've been looking like a palette like this for a while so may have to go check it out!x

    vanityrail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that your granny is getting better! This looks like a lovely palette, I love my Stila Convertible Colour.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the beautiful colors in this pallet! ;)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're nana gets better and you have Christmas together! This palette looks great...I own the Naked palette but this could be great for travelling! Thanks!
    Lucianne

    Manifest That

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your nana is doing much better! :) I've been lusting over this palette for a while, especially for the shade kitten! x

    Natalie Loves Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, sending you happy thoughts and love to your nana. I love this palette, it is very pretty, look forward to reading your review of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous palette. I really want to try it.

    I hope your nan is feeling better lovely. I know exactly how you felt. My family stays in Poland and every time something happens to my nan, I feel horrible about being so far away and not being able to visit her in the hospital :(

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig