Tuesday 3 September 2013

Bronzer collection

My bronzer collection

Since I've managed to build up quite a few bronzers in my collection, I thought I'd put a post together showing you the different ones I have, as well as some mini reviews, and some decent swatches so you can see what they look like.  Apologies that they're not on my face, but I tend to wear them very subtly and wouldn't come out so well on camera.

Three different bronzers including the physicians formula bronze booster

Three different bronzers including the body shop honey bronzer

Three different bronzers
Bronzer swatches down my arm

There's quite a range of shades, but none are that orangy - the Bourjois bronzing primer is probably the most orange, but when blended that goes.  Seeing as I'm very pale, I don't like dark bronzers, the ones that are perfect for me are the Physicians formula bronze booster (I bought in TKMaxx for about £3), and the Body Shop Honey bronzer*.  My least favourite has to be the New look Kelly brook bronzer, far far too dark, very shimmery and is very soft, which means it's far too easy to pick up way too much product.  The MakeBelieve bronzer is really nice too and comes with a decent little kabuki brush in a lovely box.  Some of these I'm still testing (NYC Big Bold bronzer & the Bourjois Bronzing primer) so I can't comment too much on what they're like as I've only worn them once or twice. The L'Oreal glam bronze trio is very shimmery - it's more one for the beach or a glam night out, not really a day bronzer.

The Bourjois bronzing primer is by far the best scented though, smelling of chocolate :)  But I do with the product was a bit firmer, it's far too easy to pick up too much on your brush as it's very light and whipped.  If I were giving someone a recommendation I would recommend:
  • Pale skin - Physicians formula Happy bronzer or Body Shop Honey bronzer
  • Medium skin - NYC Big bold or MakeBelieve enhance
I'm not going to make a dark skin recommendation as my collection only really caters for light to medium skin tones (sorry!), but the Body Shop honey bronzer does come in a dark shade, if the light shade is anything to go by this will be a lovely product too.

For the most part I'm happy with my collection, there's a couple I could happily get rid of (Kelly Brook New Look bronzer, ModelCo, L'Oreal Glam Bronze) but I think the rest are decent ones I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.  Next on my wishlist is the highly coveted Jouer bronzer.


What's your favourite bronzer?

This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Hayley from Water Painted Dreams

 
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. LOVE all the swatches, so so helpful!

    daisydreamsof.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have 1 bronzer! I really want to try the honey one from The Body Shop. You're review totally sold me but I very rarely wear bronzer so I don't think I should have more than one.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Body Shop one & I think its amazing. When you've trailed the Bourjois primer I'd love to see a review because I still don't understand it. Maybe a picture of it on one side of the face and not the other so we can see the difference?x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this post is so helpful, thank you so much! I have really pale skin and am always looking for a bronzer that won't make me look awful, so your recommendation is great. I've not heard that much about the Body Shop Honey bronzer but will defo check it out now.

    - Rhi | Beauty Bucket List

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me nothing beats Nars Laguna but the body shop one sounds really nice!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post hun.. I love my Bahamama from The Balm :)

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 1 bronzer which is from h&m.
    I did your autumn tag,if you want you can check it out here:

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great collection, I love bronzers and think I prefer them to blushes. Bourjois Tanning Primer is just amazing, way better than facial tanning!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many bronzers! aka bronzer heaven.

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for that! You've compared pretty much everything... very useful... keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHich number is the BodyShop Honey bronzer? they have 01 02 03 04... which one was pictured here... its great! thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) It doesn't actually say on the packaging, but I believe it's the lightest one :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig