Friday 27 September 2013

5th Wedding anniversary

The happy couple

Yep, you read that right, 5 years!  It's hard to believe, it's gone so quick.  Five years ago today I married the love of my life and became Mrs Kent, leaving my old Irish surname behind to be a distant memory. We had the most amazing day, an intimate wedding with just our closest friends and immediate family. It was on quite a tight budget but there were things I didn't want to compromise on, so what we did is have a small but very elegant wedding with the people that meant the most to us in the world.

Chris and I actually met in a heavy metal night club, one I used to work at.  We'd both been dumped 3 days beforehand and had dragged our friends out to cheer us up, it was on a Tuesday, a dead night of the week for clubs.  That was the night we first kissed and I learnt his name.  Four days later (Friday) we went on our first date, which he was half an hour late for!  I nearly didn't go as I had a stinking cold, but I didn't want to miss it.  We had some drinks in the student union bar and then went back to the club, 3 days later he asked me out and the rest is history.

This December we'll have been together for 12 years, it's hard to believe we've been together so long, but time has gone really fast, which must be a good sign :)  If you want to see more photo's, or how we managed to do the wedding on a shoestring, I wrote a blog about it back in Jan, you can find it here.

The only thing that makes me sad about today is that it's also 5 years since we had a holiday (our 3 day honeymoon in NYC)... next year, next year we'll have a proper holiday!


This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Karen from Liverpool Lashes

 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 5 years a big achievement these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I hope you have lots more happy years (and a holiday) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, you guys are such a cute couple. I hope that I can have such a great relationship too.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig