Thursday 25 July 2013

Essie off the shoulder

Essie's Off the shoulder pink nail polish

Swatches on a nail wheel of Essie Off the shoulder

Essie's off the shoulder next to swatches of it

You know when you find a brand, and you really struggle to find any flaws in any of their products? Well, that's me with Essie.  I've built up quite a nice little collection of their polishes, and funnily enough my favourite of which has to be their amazing top coat - it's worth it's weight in gold.  Well, now I have a new addition to my little Essie family, and that's the shade 'Off the shoulder', I love the names they give polishes (bit like OPI) and I'm not really sure where they were going with this name, maybe sunburn?  Anyway, I digress!

Like all Essie nail polishes you'll need a good two coats, but when you've added both coats and a nice glossy top coat, people are going to think you're wearing lovely perfect false nails.  That's the reaction I get with Essie polishes.  They're thick and creamy and when they set they're highly glossy - at least with their top coat they are.  I have a couple of different pink Essie shades now, like Cascade Cool (a slightly lighter shade than this one) and really love them.  Sadly I have gel nails on at the moment as my nails have decided to hate me and go really weak.  But, when they're a bit stronger this little baby will be pride of place on them!

So, sadly I can't comment if this particular shade is any more durable than their others, but if my past Essie experience is anything to go by, it should last you a good 3-7 days with a good top coat on fairly strong nails.  You'll get about 2 days out of it if your nails are weak - at least, that's the experience I've had with their other polishes.  This is such a great colour for Summer, and kinda perfect for toes too, especially toes in the beach :)

You can pick up some lovely Essie shades for £1.99* at Halfpriceperfumes.co.uk which is where this little baby came from.






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Stacie from Life is worth the fight

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. This is one of my favourite summer shades, love it :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shade. I've never tried Essie, but after this I want to :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty summer color. I have to say that Essie's formula has amazed me the most. It always lasts so long!

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Essie polishes and this is such a pretty colour. You can also get some Essie polishes for £1.99 and other great products from Fragrance Direct x

    prettylittlefashionistaxxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.99? That's such a bargain! This color is a bit lighter than watermelon, I love it!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely nail colour!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig