Saturday 13 July 2013

Mini high street haul





** I do lighten my pictures a little as there isn't quite enough light where I photograph products **

One of the things you guys have requested a lot are haul posts, well, you ask and you shall receive!  I popped into Superdrug today (today being Wednesday 10th, I'm being organised and writing in advanced!) and had a chat with my friend that works there about all the new things that have come out recently and made a cheeky purchase - it's lethal when I go in there, she's my makeup enabler!

So I picked up my first ever Max Factor mascara! I know, how dare I call myself a beauty blogger and not have ever worn a Max Factor mascara!  Well, seeing as it was only £4.99 it would have been rude not to :)  I aslo picked up one of Maybelline's new limited edition Neon nail varnishes in a bright zingy purple (you know how I'm a sucker for purple!).  Then finally I stopped off at Rimmel and picked up one of their new cream eyeshadows in Rich Russet.

Rich Russet really reminds me of Maybelline's On and on bronze (or Bad to the bronze if you're reading this in the states).  So much so, I felt compelled to swatch them together (pic above) and they are really similar, especially when you first apply (on to the back of your hand).  The Maybelline one is a tad darker, but not by much.  When they were both set, the Maybelline one still felt a little tacky but the Rimmel one was touch and rub dry (for what it's worth, it felt really creamy and soft when I applied it to the back of my hand).

However, after about 4 hrs of it sitting on my hand, and my hands being washing and moisturised, the Rimmel one has nearly washed off, but the Maybelline one is still going strong!  Watch this space for a full review of all of these beauties in the next few weeks, once I've had time to give them a good road test of course :)






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Stacie from Life is worth the fight

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. The brush of the mascara looks interesting! Cant wait for a review! xx Rena

    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors and lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the MIdnight swim nail colour and it's beautiful dark blue. I buy the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the scandaleyes swatch better!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of that nail varnish! So pretty and Bright! Perfect for this time of year! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that nail polish colour is b-e-a-utiful!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig