Wednesday 31 July 2013

Lime Crime Velvetines in Red Velvet

The lime crime velvetine in red velvet

This is one of those products that I searched for and searched for, and patiently waited for it to be restocked.  Then one day, out of the blue, boom, there it was on the Cocktail Cosmetics website.  I put that bad boy in my virtual basket quicker than you can say 'Lime Crime Velvetine, you're mine!'.  Adding a couple of other products to my basket I hastily checked out before they sold out again.  A few days later this little beauty was in my sticky paws waiting to be adorned.

Luckily for me I had a party to go to just two days after it joined my family of lip products, so, here's what I thought.

A close up of the red velvet velvetine

Before and after pics of the lime crime velvetine in red velvet
** left, me before heading out, right, me after about 5 hours of drinking cocktails **

My Thoughts
Holy mother freakin' moley do I like this.  Just to get some idea of the staying power of this, after the party we headed back to my friends house who's birthday celebration it was.  We continued drinking and partying there.  At about 1am I headed to bed (we were staying at their house) in somewhat of a state.  I was far too drunk to even think about taking my makeup off, so I collapsed in a heap on the bed fully clothed (except for shoes and sunglasses which had lived on top of my head the whole night).  At about 5am I stumbled out of bed to go to the bathroom, looked in the mirror only to see my lipstick was still impeccable!!! In fact, it wasn't super easy to remove, some of it clung on for dear life before I was happy to show my face in public!

The only re-applying I needed to do was along the line where my lips meet - for me, that always disappears quite quick, but this wasn't too bad, I just kept my eyes on it.  I love the red velvety finish and how it didn't bleed outside of my lips, it didn't go patchy, but it stayed beautifully perfect even through to the next morning.

I have not one shred of regret in purchasing this, and I can't wait for an opportunity to wear it again!  Just be sure to prep your lips first to make sure you'll have a perfect base for applying it.  I used the Lush sugar scrub in Mint Julips first, and applied lip balm while I was doing the rest of my makeup until I came to the lips (which I saved until last).  I lined my lips first using a Neve pastello lip liner in Crimson.

I picked up mine from Cocktail Cosmetics for £11.50 - and at last check (now), they're still in stock!






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Stacie from Life is worth the fight

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I've heard amazing things about the Velvetines! If I was more of a red lippy person this would definitely be on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing, I've heard so many good things! I've already got so many reds but they're bringing out a pink version later in the year, might just get myself that! Xx

    https://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, look at that staying power xx

    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and it's amazing, it's the perfect red and the most long lasting lip product I've found yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these and love it! The colours are so gorgeous too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on a blog the other day. Looks so long wearing, love the packaging too!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks gorgeous! I love love love the colour and the finish :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive ordered both shades and cant wait to get them. ordered mine off cutecosmetics they seem to be good at reordering stock

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want this! So pretty. Really suits you, too!

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colour is gorgeous and it sounds like a really good lipstick!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heard nothing but awesome things about this. Looks amazing! :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh. Now I MUST buy this! I love red lipstick, but I never like touching up. This sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've wanted one of these for a while now but have resisted the temptation to order one whenever I see them come back into stock with UK suppliers. A couple of days ago I saw a glimpse of a new shade they're releasing soon and I think I fell in love with it so I may just have to pick that one up when it's available :)

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow the staying power on this looks amazing! I can't believe how long it keeps it's colour! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has been all over YouTube lately... I need to order mine!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so beautiful, will be keeping my eyes open for this to be restocked xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig