Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Body Shop Honeycomb bronzer

A few weeks ago I was asked if I'd like to try the new Body Shop Honeycomb bronzer, of course I jumped at the chance!  So I've been using it for the past few weeks and here's what I thought about it :)


You can find the bronzer £13*and the brush £16*here on the Body Shop website :)


My Thoughts

I think the shade I have is Light Matte, it could be fair matte, but the numpty I am I ripped off the label at the back to have a look at the ingredients which is where the shade was, silly billy!

First off the brush.  This might be one of the softest bronzing brushes I've ever used, it's super soft with synthetic bristles which are cruelty free.  It has a good base on it so it stands up by itself too.  It picks up the product beautifully, never picking up too much.  I've tried this brush with other bronzers too and it works great on those as well.

The bronzer - how often is it us pale people find a bronzer that isn't too dark and isn't too orange, and isn't £30+?  Yep, not that often.  I think the thing that struck me most about this is how it's not easy to overdo.  It's easy to build up to a flattering level without being all orange and obvious.  In the photo above I'd gone back into the product about 3 times to layer it up (I wanted it to show up for the photo's as the camera can wash me out a bit).  Even with 3 coats it's still nice and fairly subtle.  It lasts really well throughout the day without fading or going blotchy.

The big question is would I repurchase it, without hesitation I can say yes, to both!  The brush is so soft and really good at applying the bronzer, and the bronzer is perfect for my skin tone and not orangey :)  The bronzer actually comes in 4 different shades, so hopefully there's one to suit you :)

What's your favourite bronzer?






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Shang from The Feminine Crusade

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love the texture of the bronzer. It's so different than most. And even int he picture the brush looks soft. Great review! x

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! I'm a bronzer addict so I tend to keep buying them but this is easily my favourite everyday bronzer. It's so not intimidating at all and would make a great first bronzer for a beginner. I also love the brush - TBS brushes don't get enough love in blogs/Youtube in general!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever tried one bronzer, the Bourjois chocolate one, whilst it's nice it can be orange and easy to over do. This looks so much nicer. It looks so lovely on you. The packaging is also very cute and I love the little honey comb design, it looks so much sturdier than the Bourjois one which is made of cardboard. The only thing that puts me off is the price but my cousin works in The Body Shop so I might ask her to get this for me on staff discount. This was a really good review, thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color in the pan looks perfect for fair skin! I've been using Hoola bronzer for as long as I can remember but this one looks like a great option!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, it looks so good. I always walk straight past The Body Shop definitely worth a stop!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great bronzer and I love the look of the brush!

    Alex ♡
    Bump to Baby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this looks lovely! Nice packaging too!

    Photo-Jenn-ic


    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig