Tuesday 16 July 2013

Summer sun protection

A picture of Ultrasun and Apivita sun protection sitting in the grass on a sunny day

Having such pale skin, I'm fully aware of the risks that sun bathing poses, hence why I don't do much of it, but when I do I make sure I'm well protected from harmful rays.  Most sun protectors aren't really designed for use on the face, they work just fine there, but the skin on your face can be more sensitive than the rest of your body, so having skin protection that's designed specifically for that *should* help to reduce any allergic reactions.

Ultrasun

A close up of a bottle of Ultrasun with grass in the background

This little baby is Factor 30, protects against UVA & UVB, it's anti ageing, free from perfume, emulsifiers and preservatives.  It's a creamy lotion (white) that blends in and doesn't leave a sticky residue on your skin.  It's perfect for applying under foundation or BB cream, and just think - if your BB cream (or foundation) as SPF protection too, you'll be layering up the goodness!  The Ultrasun absorbs nice and quickly into your skin and doesn't smell unpleasant.

You can pick one up in Marks & Spencer for £20* for a 50ml bottle.

Apivta

Two pictures of Apivita packaging

Two pictures of Apivita being blended in to the back of my hand

This was my favourite of the two, pretty much down to the packaging alone!  I don't know about you, but I'm not really one for tinted moisturisers, I just don't think they offer enough coverage as usually once it's all blended in, it doesn't seem to make any real difference.  Anyway - off my soapbox!  I would liken this sunscreen to a tinted moisturiser - that said, it provided excellent SPF50 protection to my skin and didn't break me out.

I was sat out in the sun for around 10-12 hours in 27 degrees centigrade heat and only had this on my face for protection, and I didn't catch the sun at all.  It absorbed well and I could easily have applied a BB cream or foundation over the top for coverage, but as I was at home with family, I didn't feel the need to have makeup on too :)

Apivita claims to be made of 77% percent natural ingredients including prickly pear, sunflowers and olive leaf extracts as well as being fragrance, paraben and alcohol free - all good things!  Even my SPF50 Ambre Solaire didn't manage to stop my face from getting burnt a few weeks ago, but this did and I had applied the same amount both times.  I've been really pleased with this and would definitely re-purchase when it's all gone, after all, we can never be too careful when it comes to protecting our skin.

You can pick this up in Marks & Spencer for £22.50* for a 50ml bottle.






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Stacie from Life is worth the fight

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Such great reviews, once I was using P20 on my face and it broke me out SO much I wanted to cry!

    I have no patience for a full face of makeup in this heat!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the sound of both of those, though I really dislike using suncream on my face xx

    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usually buy tinted moisturisers either but a tinted sunscreen definitely appeals!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing i'm heading to Boots on Thursday to get some protection cream for my holidays - I like you am very pale and will burn like a crisp... Call me lobster....

    Lxxx
    www.ascottishlass.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried either of these brands. Here's what I use in the summer: http://facesbysam.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-you-need-to-protect-yourself-this.html I'll have to see where I can find these brands here in the States.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig