Saturday 20 July 2013

Get the festival look

I must admit, I haven't been to lots of festivals, but I've been to the best in my opinion (Glastonbury).  Back in the day when I was a student, I had the opportunity to work Glastonbury, which meant a free ticket, a secure camp site right in the middle of the action, free food & drink, and I got paid £250 for the 5 days we were there, this was in 2000 when David Bowie headlined.

Back then I was rocking bright pink hair and wearing very hippyish clothes, I felt right at home there.  I went with my cousin Sophie and we spent our time divided between seeing all the bands we liked (I was chuffed to see the Bloodhound Gang!) and working in an Italian ice cream parlour at the side of the Other stage.

Here are my tips for re-creating my old look (sorry I don't have any photo's though, they're all hidden away on actual printed photo's) but here's one taken about 2 years after (like, 11 years ago once I dyed my hair dark) :)


If dying your hair isn't something you want to do, hair chalk is a great alternative.  Back when I went to Glastonbury hair chalk didn't exist, but if it did, I'd have had rainbow hair!!!  I found some on ebay, they seem to range from about £5 to £10 depending on what set you go for.


My festival look was to keep it simple as lets face it, you're most likely to be covered in mud for a good proportion of it, I wanted to be comfortable too as I was going to be on my feet a lot both working and watching bands.  Back then I had a really different look than I do now, it was all about big boots, black clothes (I never wore colour), dark eye makeup (never lipstick, bronzer or blusher) and well just being a bit different :)

To help you get into the festival mood the good people at New Look have also shared a really good infographic - this is the first one I've decided to share, most of the time I think they're quite rubbish, but this one I really like - it looks at different festival looks through the ages since the late 60s, here's the link to it, enjoy!

What's your favourite festival look?






This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Stacie from Life is worth the fight

 
Written by Georgina Kent


*
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ohh wow Georgina, you are rocking that lip piercing haha! Ohh how I wish I could go to a Glastonbury festival. It's definitely in my bucket list.

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the old photo! I had a similar style back in the day :)

    Lyndsay xx | Fizzy Peaches ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post I will need to take a few of these tips x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Clutch Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to Glastonbury festival, maybe one day.


    check/follow my blog: fatimasalim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig