Friday 12 July 2013

Aveeno hand cream



One thing I go through a lot of is hand cream.  I keep a tube of it on my desk at work and moisturise my hands around 5-10 times a day.  About a year ago I noticed that my hands were really starting to show signs of ageing, mostly down to the time I worked in operating theatres a year or so before that where I was washing my hands an incredible amount of times a day, it really dried them out.

Since then, I've been moisturising like crazy and on the hunt for the perfect moisturiser.  Well, this may not be the perfect moisturiser, but it's pretty good :)

Here's what I like about it;

  • It's really quick drying and quick to absorb
  • It dries matte so doesn't leave a sheen on your skin
  • Even after washing your hands, it doesn't wash the moisturiser off
  • It's cheap - I picked up this one on sale for about £3

So that's all the good.  I would do a bullet list for the bad too, but there's only one thing on it, how it smells.  I normally love the oatmeal scent body moisturisers have, but there's something about this one that just makes it smell like... like it's regurgitated oatmeal :/  But that's just how it smells to me, you might smell it completely differently, but it's that scent that would stop me from picking it up again.  Which is a bit silly really considering how good it is, but I guess that's what you get with me, I'm really into scents and how things smell.

What I will say though, I'm not sure if it's this hand cream, or just the fact I've been moisturising my hands a lot over the last year or so, but I feel that the ageing my hands were having has been wound back a bit, they're definitely not showing as many signs as they were, the skin on the back of my hands looks and feels stronger with less fine lines (yay!).  So even if you smell it and don't like this moisturiser yourself, make sure you keep your hands hydrated, you'll thank yourself for it when you're my age :)







This months Bigest-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Stacie from Life is worth the fight

 
Written by Georgina Kent
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. £3 now that is a bargain, i have been looking for a good hand cream, i alwaysed used a soap and glory one but fancying a bit of a change.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soap and glory one is really good too :D

      Delete
  2. I agree with you on the scent, one of the reasons I am not so keen on it xx

    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hands have been so dry recently. I would love to try this now!!

    xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Aveeno creams are amazing! I have a 24hr one and it truly is 24hrs. It's incredible!
    Btw. I'm loving your new design! xx

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) It's a big move for me but I'm really happy with it :)

      Delete
  5. I like aveeno products they are very kind to skin especially the ones iv said. I would definitely try this handcream. I love having moisturised hands.

    from Brigitte at BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin' | Twitter

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to pick some up. My hands are so dry it's ridiculous. I'm 30, my face is 20, and my hands are 45. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Aveeno products! I will pick this one up the next time I'm at the drugstore :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig