Tuesday 30 October 2012

Why do you wear makeup TAG

Hey guys!  Not sure if I've done a TAG on my blog before, loads on my YouTube, but none here... so I thought it was about time I did one :)  This one has been going around and thought I'd give it a go, let me know if you would like to see more of them :)



Q1.  When did you begin to love makeup?
I've had a love affair with makeup for a long time.  I can remember the first makeup I ever had, it was a present from the woman my Dad left my Mum for, not the happiest of experiences!  She bought me a little bag with some brown eyeshadow, translucent powder, a soft pink lipstick... that was it I think, it was all Collection 2000 and I'll be honest, it was rubbish, but I'm talking about nearly 20 years ago (wow that makes me feel old!).  I think I've really gotten into it in the last 5-6 years, as I've been able to afford nicer makeup and gained the confidence to experiment with it more.  I can even tell you the item that turned it all around for me - it was a little urban decay palette that came with the primer potion.  I didn't even know primer existed, and couldn't believe how amazing it was!  From that point, I started wearing makeup every day and really enjoyed playing around with different colours.


Q2.  How do you feel without makeup?
Very plain.  Sometimes I don't wear a lot of makeup and it can look really nice, just a bit of mascara and blusher, and concealer.  Often on weekends I won't wear any if I'm not going out, unless I'm recording YouTube videos of course ;)  But I do like to give my skin a rest from makeup, I think it's good to let it breathe on a regular basis.  But saying that, it's very rare I step outside the house without makeup on ;)


Q3.  What do you like about makeup?
I love how creative I can be with it.  If you're new here, you may not know that the blog design was hand painted by me in watercolours, I'm, well, I used to be, an artist (here's my portfolio), but I just don't seem to have the time to paint/draw any more, I spend my spare time blogging instead, and it makes me happy :)  But makeup gives me that creative outlet on a daily basis.  I've always been all about the eyes and creating nice dramatic looks, and having that creative side for that kind of thing is a big plus.  I love how you can take the planest looking person and transform/enhance their features with just a bit of foundation, some eyeliner and mascara.  I love the confidence it gives me/people too, I know I feel much better when I've done my makeup, lol, I don't get people walking up to me telling me I look ill, which is exactly what happens when I don't wear makeup :)


Q4.  Name three 'holy grail' items?
Well, this may not be a surprise to you but....
1.  Chanel Ecriture liquid eyeliner - wouldn't be without it.  I've been purchasing it for around 6-8 years now, I've tried MANY others and none are as good.  This is worth every penny (£25), it's the one item I'd wear if I couldn't have anything else.
2.  Collection Lasting Perfection concealer - this is some seriously amazing stuff.  It conceals everything!  As much as I haven't done this, I'm pretty sure you could use it in place of foundation if you needed to.  It's great and costs less than £5, you can't go wrong!
3.  Maybelline The Falsies mascara.  This is simply the best mascara I've ever used.  It's only £7-8 and every time I wear it, I always get people asking me if I'm wearing false eye lashes.  It's amazing :)

So there we go guys, that's my TAG done, I hope you enjoyed reading a bit more about me and why I like makeup and wear it.  If you're reading this, I TAG all of you to do it too, feel free to link back to this post, or post yours as a comment below as I'd love you read yours too :)
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Really enjoyed reading that Georgina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do this when I have the time I think :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree make up allows you to be creative on a daily basis. I've done this tag on my blog too. Xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can pinpoint the exact product that made you fall in love with makeup! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig