Sunday 21 October 2012

Mascara Series - Chanel Inimitable Intense

Hey guys!  So, there's been a couple of mascara reviews I've been meaning to do for a while now, so I decided to make it a mascara review week!  I have 6 mascara's that I'm reviewing, and on the 7th day, I'll compare them all together so we can see which is the best, sound good?

This is the first in the series, I give you, Chanel Inimitable Intense in Noir.

This is a sample given on a counter

Chanel Inimitable Intense - £23 (for the full size) and can be found in Boots.co.uk

What they say "In a single stroke, this mascara delivers it all: volume, length, curl and precise separation. A sophisticated formula and unique brush design combine to deliver lush, long-wearing colour so precisely that each lash, even the finest, is perfectly defined and separated. Pro-Vitamin B5 hydrates and conditions lashes to keep them supple and healthy-looking."


I was given this by the people on the Chanel counter when I was making other purchases to try out :)  One thing I really love about Chanel mascara samples, is they always make the brush the same as you'll get on the full size.  I feel it's so important to make sure the brush is the same and not some random cheapie brush, after all, having the right wand on a mascara can make or break the product.  I mean, you could have the best formulation in the world, but if you can't get it on your lashes, it's all lost!

My Thoughts

I really like this mascara.  The wand is great at getting the product on to the lashes and gives them great volume, and length.  It lasts well and when you come to remove it at the end of the day, it removes well too :)  I think this mascara performs best with 2-3 coats, whereas some of my favourites work well with just 1 coat.    One thing I really like about this mascara is it lifts my lashes really well - in none of these pictures did I curl my lashes first, and you can really see the difference between the first lash pic and the rest :)  It didn't add much length, but I have quite long lashes anyway so that's not a big factor for me, I prefer volume.

I give this mascara 4/5

Have you tried this?  Did you like it?  Don't forget to enter my giveaway :)
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. wow I love the results! And the packaging seems also really unique, never seen a mascara in such a tube before lol XD
    thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a strange tube, but I guess thats what they're doing with samples :)

      Delete
  2. The results look great. I'm always on the hunt for a new HG mascara - being pale i have blond eyelashes and struggle to get the effect i want. I might have to give Chanel a go.

    http://talesofapaleface.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good mascara, I love the wand :)

      Delete
  3. It looks so small for the price! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sample lovely :) I was given it on the makeup counter when I purchased some other stuff :) The full size price is £23 :)

      Delete
  4. Wow you lashes look great! Will try out a sample of this.
    I like mascara week :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig