Thursday 18 October 2012

MUA BB Cream

Hey Pixi3's!  I've had this product a little while now, but I haven't written a blog post on it until now because I wasn't really sure what to make of it and even if I liked it or not.  So, here's some pics of it, and at the bottom, my thoughts on it :)

MUA BB cream front and back in shade medium
Front and back of the container in shade Medium (bought when there were only 3 shades) £4

From the MUA side "Inspired by Asian Beauty Balms, our brand new MUA BB Foundation is a full coverage foundation containing a multi-functional formula that conceals, brightens and evens out skin tone for a perfect complexion. Its great range of shades will adapt to suit all skin tones. Apply with a big dense brush and buff into the skin for the perfect flawless finish. Easily the hottest and best product in your handbag – it’s the perfect size too!"

The product inside the MUA BB cream
Even though I'm really pale, I found the shade medium to suit me the best.

MUA BB cream shade medium blended into the back of my hand
Bottom half of my hand is where it's blended (top half has nothing on it)

My Thoughts

First of all, this BB cream has a very odd consistency, it's very much like a gel - it's a thick formulation and very glutinous.  I haven't tried that many high street/drugstore BB creams, but I've yet to find one I really like (*shakes fist at Ginvera for making such a great BB cream*).  I really didn't like the Maybelline one or the 17 one, they both (for me) gave little to no coverage and left my already oily face feeling like an oil slick.  As for this one, it's somewhat better.  It didn't leave my skin very oily, but more so than a normal foundation.  It's coverage is decent, more akin to a foundation than a BB cream which is quite impressive.  For the high street ones I've tried, it's definitely the best, and the cheapest, but it isn't something I would use day to day.  For me, it's more of a 'I'm just popping to the shops and I don't really care what I look like, but I don't want to look like I just rolled out of bed' kinda BB cream as opposed to a day to day staple.  So sorry MUA, you haven't made it into my rotation, but I don't hate ya either :)  If you're looking for a budget BB cream, it's definitely worth the £4 :)

Have you tried it yet?  What did you think about it?  
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I ordered it yesterday after watching pixiwoo's video where Sam was praising it. I should have waited for your review! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww - well, you may like it :) It just wasn't for me ;)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried it yet. Like you I have oily skin so I wore about ending up looking too greasy!
    I love garners oil free bb cream, it is great and I use it everyday (unless I'm having an awful skin day) :) gem x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have naturally oily skin, but I found it made my feel greesy :/ & agree about it being very glutinous.
    All in all I think its a bit of a strange product haha! & its the first MUA product I've not liked.
    Great review :)
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same - I really like their stuff, just this one that wasn't up to their usual standards :S

      Delete
  4. I feel exactly the same about this one. For three or four days after purchase, I was using it all the time but now just reach for it under foundation if I'm going out or slap it on if I need to run out but can't be bothered to make up. I don't hate it but again I don't really miss it when it's not there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wouldn't totally avoid using it, but it's not what I reach for either

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig