Sunday 7 October 2012

No-buy October Week 1

Hey guys, I thought I'd do a little summary of how No-Buy October is going.

Well, it's not been without it's challenges.  Last night my straighteners died :(  And since it's no buy October (and I simply can't afford it), I'll be having frizzy hair until I can afford another set.  It's not going to be easy as I used these around 5 times a week... :(

As for makeup, I haven't bought any :)  I haven't really had the urge too either.  To be honest, I look at my makeup collection at the moment and feel almost embarrassed, I definitely have too much stuff (the curse of most beauty bloggers)... so when I visited my friend last night, I took her a little bag of makeup to cheer her up :) She seemed really happy with it and it certainly made me feel good to get rid of some of it :)

All in all it's been a smooth first week.  Makeup wise I've been rocking a very simple look (mostly because I haven't been getting up in time to spend the gazillion hours on my eyes I usually do!  I've been focussed on my signature eyeliner, 1 light shade of eyeshadow (like Chanel Fauve for example) and blusher (foundation of course).  I'm hoping to have more time next week if I can get to bed earlier, but where's the fun in that :p

Here's a couple of pics from my week too :)

The many faces of my next youtube video... I say 'next'... I'm still not sure if I should upload it :S

Matilda standing on the box of stuff we're donating to charity looking all cute!

We went over to our friends house last night, I had great fun doing really dark eye shadow using my new Chanel single eye shadow, it's sooooo sparkly!  It'll be great applied wet during the xmas/new year season as it's so pretty and shiny!

So that's kinda how my week has been and filled with a no-buy.  The worst bit is my straighteners breaking... it feels like everything at the moment is money money money... first by us needing to go away for a few days, then our car needing £600 spending on it, now my straighteners... always something I know :)  Ah well, we can't let these things get us down, it's just stuff after all :)
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Great post! I'm on a spending ban at the moment too! It's important to just remember what your goal is and why your on a spending ban, mines basically because I'm a shopoholic! Good luck with the ban, I'm sure you'll do fine! You look gorg in your pic! :)
    Hope you're doing ok by the way!! The blog layout looks soooo pretty!

    Sharna xo
    www.mybeautyandfashionfix.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks sweetie :) We can give each other support :) I'm good thanks oh and glad you like the new blog design :) How are you?

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this post. So typical that your straighteners would break during your spending ban! :(

    Alex xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eye make up look is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think how much better your hair will be with no heat tho!

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Well you'd think my hair would be better off for it, but I'll be blow drying it :p And since my straighteners are dead, I might start curling instead :p

      Delete
  5. I really need to take a leaf out of your book with the no spending ban don't I.. I feel for you re the straighteners but your hair will be better for it by the time you buy your new ones . xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Straighteners breaking is the worse thing ever, so expensive to replace.
    Love the stills from the video haha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing well so far!
    Just typical your straighteners broke now though! But at least your hair would be free from damage for a month or so! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How annoying about your hair straighteners! Everything happens all at once doesn't it?! Good luck with the rest of the ban!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig