Friday 12 October 2012

Ocado Shopping

Hey guys!  Slightly different post today (quite a few non-beauty ones this week!).  First off, I want to make a disclaimer.  I have not been paid to do this post, I'm not affiliated with Ocado, I have not been asked to write this, and I'm receiving nothing in exchange for this post.

Right now that shizz is done, on with the review :)  As you might recall (puts my love of Ginvera BB cream in your mind) when I really like a product/service, I generally don't shut up about it :)  So that's kinda what this is.

I've been using Ocado to do my food shopping for the last 2 weeks.  I heard of them years ago when I believe they were London based, and since then they've branched out.  Now, I live in Cardiff, and it feels like a lot of people treat it here like the middle of nowhere, despite it being a bustling city.  When we were driving into work a couple of weeks ago, I saw their signature van around, so figured they were working in this area.  That evening, I popped on to their website and had a play.  Put my postcode in and started building a shopping list to see what kind of price it would come out at, but never really intending to put it through.  They also have quite a substantial beauty boutique (at last check they had some good deals on real techniques bruses and Bourjois makeup)  :)

The price seemed very reasonable, it was about what we spend at Sainsburys each week, but including the delivery charge, and actually buying a little more food.  So I pressed submit and crossed my fingers it would be a good experience.

What I wasn't expecting, was for it to be fantastic!  The website is super easy to use, I'd go so far as to say it's the easiest, it's very well thought out and the search function is great.  Then we come to the delivery.  I had a text on the day to tell me the drivers name, the style the van would be (lemon, cabbage print etc) and the vehicle reg.  When the driver turned up, he asked if it was our first time, and proceeded to explain how the bagging system works.  They put the products in 3 bags (cupboard, fridge and freezer) so you know where to put everything :)  Coloured handles too!  The driver was really friendly and professional - and what's more important, the food was great :)

Everything was in a great condition and a good price.  One of their promises is that your shop will be cheaper than Tesco and if it's not, they'll give you a voucher for money off your next shop.  Sure enough a couple of days later, I had a voucher for nearly £4 off.  Very clever, seeing that I didn't want to waste it, I put my next order in :)  It's also worth noting, that you can buy a delivery pass that makes the weekly delivery charge very little.

After my second shop being a refreshing success also, I wanted to write a blog post about it :)  Before I wrote this though, I did tweet them asking if they had a lovely discount code I could share with you (again, I don't get anything from it) and they referred me to a link that gives you £15 off your first shop, yay!  Here it is http://www.ocado.com/webshop/content/information5/shareTheLove.html.

Have you ever used them?  How was your experience?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. What a lovely review Pixi, we're utterly thrilled to hear that you're happy with our service.

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Ocado

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to order from these next week now based on your recommendation, they sound great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Let me know how you get on :) Double check to make sure they deliver to your area first ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi there, I've been using Ocado for years now and I'd be lost without them! The service is excellent and easy to use and you can still buy great food on a budget if need be. I still buy from small local shops, but for those rainy days when you don't want to take out the kids, they are a real life saver and I have the yearly pass, so I save money there too! No buses, no cabs, no struggling with heavy bags, its a win win =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it :) I can see me using them long term as long as we're happy with the next few weeks :)

      Delete
  4. Likewise been using Ocado for a number of years and they have been very good - some of their own-brand stuff is particularly good quality and value. Packing can be a weak point sometimes, though I have never had a problem getting a refund. Recently there have been quite a few out-of-stock or substituted items, and other things discontinued even though they got high customer ratings. However I would still recommend them - the drivers are always friendly and helpful even when they are struggling through bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far *touch wood* we've been lucky in that we've had no substitutions. I've noticed though, a few times items being out of stock, but there are always other good options to pick (at least for those items)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the candid review & the discount code! I will be trying ocado for next weeks weekly shop; the final thing that swung me was the bagging system. I pack my own shopping like that, and I love that you can have that with a delivery service too lol. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome :) I hope your experience is as good as mine :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig