Monday 8 October 2012

Chubby Sticks V Just Bitten

Hey guys!  So there's probably a million and one posts of these, but it's one I've been meaning to do for ages, so I thought, what the hell, I'll do it now :)

Clinique were the first to release their offering out of these two, a tinted lip balm in a retractable pen (no need for a sharpener) and priced at £16 each, they're not exactly cheap.  They come in a range of colours (16 to be exact) with lovely names (like Pudgy Peony and Fuller Fig).  I've studied their ingredients and am pleased to report they contain no parabens either, which is exactly what I would have expected from Clinique.

Then a couple of months later, Revlon came out with what was heralded as a perfect dupe (at £7.99) for the Chubby Sticks, with their Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain (hellova mouthful!).  Released in 12 shades, I can't find any parabes in these either.  So the big question is, are these a dupe?  Lets have a look and see :)

From top to bottom: Revlon Just bitten kissable balm stain in Honey, Clinique Chubby Stick in Pudgy Peony, Clinique Chubby Stick in Mighty Mimosa (can you tell which I've worn the most?)

Oooh shiny and pretty!  I really debated whether or not to buy the middle one (pudgy peony), it's so pretty, and I loved the name of it, but realistically it's a bit dark for me (for every day wear).

(they're in the same order swatched as in all the pics with the revlon one at the top)


My Thoughts

I know quite a lot of people weren't so keen on the Chubby Sticks, they didn't find the colours strong enough but in my opinion, I didn't want something with really strong colour.  Essentially it's a lip balm with a hint of colour, so we shouldn't be too disappointed if there isn't amazing colour payoff.  We just need to remember what it is we're buying :)  I love that the packaging is almost the same on all of them, it's such a blatant copy, but you know what, Revlon have done a fantastic job, it's half the price, the pigmentation is much stronger, and with a peppermint scent/taste which doubles up as a bit of a lip plumper too, not something the Chubby Sticks do.  

I like them all, I think technically yes, the Revlon one is a great dupe for the Chubby Sticks, but the colours are a little strong for my personal taste.  I mean don't get me wrong, I love wearing dark/bright lip sticks, but when I'm wearing a balm I literally only want a hint of colour, that's why I only own the Honey shade of the Just Bitten ones, because all the other shades were too dark/bright for me.  So I think I prefer the Clinique ones, as you can see from the pictures, it's definitely the one I've used the most, so the proof is in the pudding :)

What's your favorite? Have you tried them both?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I like the look of Mighty Mimosa. :)

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pudge Peony has been on my wishlist for months now! I think yes, the Clinique are so less pigmented than the Revlon Just Bitten. I don't own any of the Cliniques but I've swatched them on my hands. And I agree about the packaging, but someone had to do it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely...one of these (Revlon? Clinique? Decisions, decisions!) will be on my Christmas list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and that chubby stick is well used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig