Saturday 27 October 2012

Mascara Series - Summary

Hello lovelies, how great is it that it's Saturday!  Today is a special day for me, my mum would have grown another year older today if she were still with us.  Since she passed away, on her birthday each year I've visited her grave, but I'm breaking that tradition this year and doing something my mum would have pushed me to do.

There's a fashion event here in Cardiff for Cardiff Fashion Week - it's a VIP blogger event, it was such a great opportunity, I know my mum would have wanted me to go :)  She would have loved this blog :)  Either way, I'm heading down there early November anyway :)  Ok, on with the summary!


So over the last week, I've compared 6 different mascaras, I've found some great ones, and some not so great.  Generally when I apply it, I only apply 1 coat, so in the pics below, it's only 1 coat just as I would each morning when I'm getting ready :)


My favourites are Chanel, Fat Cat and One by One - they're the ones that stand out for me :)  I think they're the ones that give me the best volume, length and just plain out look the best :)

That's not a bad ratio too, one high end and 2 high street :)  Next on my wish list is YSL shocking, Collection Skyscraper, Max Factor 2000 calorie - that should keep me going well into the new year.

Did you enjoy this mascara series?

You can see the previous instalments here
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I LOVE this post. The fact you can see the difference between each one is great. I would love that Chanel mascara though! xo
    www.lovevintageonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this post <3 my fav is FAT CAT mascara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    I'm having a MAC Makeup giveaway on my blog if you want to come and have a look?

    http://trappedinafashionparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/50-followers-giveaway-mac-lipstick-of.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about you mum, I know how you feel though, my mum passed away nearlt three years ago and it was in jan so xmas is always hard,
    Your mum would be proud of you and your blog.

    On a change of subject - i just wanted to write the above :)
    I love that you've compared all these mascara's, always good to see how they compare to each other.

    I love the look of the chanel one and fat cat,



    Confessions Of A Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so sorry. i didn't realise! i lost my mum when i was 17 and have traditions on her birthday too. it's what keeps her alive for me.

    i loved the mascara series. i'm seriously thinking of picking up the one by one mascara for myself. i like how there's a difference in photos too so you can really judge the length and volume.

    laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so sorry. i didn't realise! i lost my mum when i was 17 and have traditions on her birthday too. it's what keeps her alive for me.

    i loved the mascara series. i'm seriously thinking of picking up the one by one mascara for myself. i like how there's a difference in photos too so you can really judge the length and volume.

    laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a great post, I loved how you took pictures of each coat and the effect it had! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig