Monday 1 October 2012

My Blush Collection

Hey guys!  Soo.... it occurred to me the other day that I have quite a few blushers now... and as you'll all know, it takes for-ever to get through a blusher!  So, with that in mind to go along with 'No-buy October' I'm adding 'No-buy Blusher' to the mix until I've used up at least 3 of them (this will NOT be easy!)

(after writing this post I realised I missed 3 blushers out! whoops!)

The Collection


You'll have to ignore the bronzer at the bottom (I couldn't get the blush out of the palette)


From left to right: 
1. NARS orgasm
2. MAC mineralized skin finish in Blonde
3. Smashbox in Chiffon
4. MAC (highlighter) in 'Hey Sailor' - it's a blush, lets face it
5. Chanel in Orchid Rose
6. Benefit Dandylion
7. NYX in Pinched
8. Collection creme blush in Peaches and Cream
9. MUA mosaic blush in English Rose
10. FashionistA blush in London
(the blushes I missed off my list/photo/collection are 'Benefit Georgia, Revlon creme blush in Pinched, a Maybelline creme blush)

There are a lot of winners here - generally the 3 I forgot, I forgot for a reason, I don't like them, so we'll focus on the ones I do like :)

As you'll know (if you read my blog) the NARS Orgasm blush is a new one for me, and I love, love, love it!  I'm a great fan of rose-gold, and especially rose-gold blushers.  The colour is beautiful, so pretty and blends really nicely.  The MAC msf in Blonde was a keen favourite of mine, don't get me wrong, I still love it, but there are others I'm preferring right now.  I love that it's got a build in highlighter, it's such a pretty colour.  Funny story about the Smashbox blush, I'd gone to get the Chanel Spring season blush (the stripy one) but nearly feinted when I saw how much it was (like, £45!) so I decided to toddle over to Smashbox who were next to Chanel and see what they had to offer instead, I picked this one up for £18, much more reasonable :)  The MAC highlighter in Hey Sailor is another funny one.  At this point, I didn't have an actual highlighter, so I thought I'd try this one.  Thinking that the colours were just sprayed on, I was very very surprised when I found out/realised they go all the way down... which means, it's more effective as a blush than a highlight, so just had to re-purpose that one.

Chanel in Orchid Rose, now this is a stunning blusher, the quality is fantastic, it's buildable and gives a lovely natural glow, one of my favourites.  Benefit's dandylion... hmm... it's pretty but it just lacks... va va voom!  It's just not one I reach for, and probably is one I should throw out, as it's ooooold!  NYX in Pinched is a super pretty rose-gold blush, I really can't recommend it enough.  If you can get hold of it, whether it's in your local store, or on ebay for those of us in the UK, then get it.  It's a great blush, and you won't regret spending a few pounds/dollars on it :) Collection cream blush, I like it, it's not my favourite, but it has great colour payoff and it's really blendable.  Plus, it's under £5 so it's a bargain too!    MUA mosaic blush in English Rose - beautiful, works both as a tinted highlighter and a blusher - just sweeps across the cheeks for a beautiful glow.  Finally, the FashionistA blush in London, this is quite a new one to me too, and I really love it.  It's a beautiful soft coral colour, it blends well and is just so lovely :) 

It's worth mentioning that the pigmentation on all of these blushers is great, and none of them have made me break out at all.

Have you tried any of these?  Which is your favourite?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Ahh love your blush collection :) the only one i've tried from your collection is the NARS - Orgasm blush, which is one of my faves :D but another fave of mine which i recommend to everyone is the Benefit - Sugarbomb :D

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many you have blush on >.<

    http://leeviahan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh nice collection. Considering I rarely wear blush I really need to cut down!

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post:):) I love so many of the blushes you mentioned xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try the MUA blusher! it looks so good!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig