Monday 22 October 2012

Mascara Series - Maybelline Colossal

Welcome to part 2 of my week long Mascara series, today I review the Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Smoky eyes mascara (wow, what a mouthful!).  As you know I'm a big fan of Maybelline mascara's, my favourite being The Falsies or Falsies flared, so when I saw this was on offer, I was really excited to give it a go.  If you want to see the pics of it, and read what a thought, read on :)


Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Mascara available in Superdrug for £7.19

What they say "WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT

The most colossal lashes in just one coat. 
• Lush collagen-enriched plumping formula and Mega Brush instantly build 9X volume, without clumps 
• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested 
• Washable, also available in Waterproof formula

FOR BEST RESULTS

Sweep brush from root to tip to plump lashes and achieve dramatic volume. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with soap and water or Maybelline® New York Expert Eyes® 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover."


I was lucky enough to pick this up with Maybelline One by One in a Superdrug deal of 2 for £10 which saved me about £4-5 (not to be sniffed at!).

My Thoughts

So what did I think of it?  Well, I had high expectations what with my love of The Falsies (flared) and, to be honest, I was bitterly disappointed.  I expected/hoped for it to be at least as good, especially with a name like Colossal, surely they're setting themselves up for a fall calling it something like that?  Well, even if they didn't expect that, in my opinion, that's what they got.  Have a look at the One coat image above, you can hardly tell I'm wearing mascara... only with three coats does it start to look like I'm really wearing anything.  I never apply 3 coats of mascara to my lashes, so the fact that I NEED to with this one to get close to the effect of one coat of the Falsies is very disappointing. 

It's quite a wet formulation too with a very unspectacular brush.  I don't plan on finishing this one, just keeping it until I'm paid again and then I'll buy YSL shocking and The Falsies (always like to have 2 on the go)  :)

I give this mascara 2/5

Have you tried this yet?  Were you disappointed too?  Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. How disappointing! I always struggle with the big brush mascaras - my current favourite is Lancome Hypnose.

    http://talesofapaleface.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's a shame. I was looking at this product today as I was in need of a new mascara but think I shall have a look at some others first. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually feel the same about this but I really love the Cat Eyes Colossal which gives great volume!

    Please read and follow xxx
    http://www.lucyrobertsfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig