Wednesday 8 May 2013

My first MAC quad

Hey guys!  So one of the products that was on my weekly wishlist for the 100 day spending ban was to create my own MAC palette.  And whilst I wanted a 15 palette, when it came to buying it, I was disappointed that they'd changed it up so you had to buy 2 inserts for it, so it can essentially hold 30 shadows, or 15 shadows and 6 blushers.  Now, I'm sure that's a big improvement for a lot of people, but for me I wanted to start one up with like 3 shadows, and spend the next 12 months buying one shade a month to top it up, not 2 years which is what it would have taken with the double inserts.

So instead of buying that, I got a quad instead which I'm super happy with :)




My Thoughts

I'm seriously happy with this little quad.  For me, if I'm going away for a night or two, I actually wouldn't bother bringing any other palettes with me, that's how much I like it :)  I don't know if that says 'I put together a mean palette' or 'MAC has some great shadows', I'm thinking the latter ;)  Other than Satin Taupe, the other shades weren't ones I'd gone in there for but when I saw the other shades I just wasn't as taken with them, and after looking through all their shadows, both Twinks and Sketch really stood out to me.  Sketch was instead of my intended Cranberry, and Twinks was instead of .... I actually can't remember :P  Nevermind, it clearly wasn't that great!

It was only after posting it in my haul video (I had 3 shadows at that point) that I had some suggestions for a highlight shade for the 4th slot.  So after heading back to MAC to sample some of their highlight shades, I opted for Shroom as I wanted one that had some shimmer to it, maybe not quite as much as that, but I'm still happy with it :)

The quality on these are amazing, the pigmentation is fantastic and they blend beautifully.  What I like is that they're not 'too' soft that they have lots of fallout, but they're also not too hard that it's hard to pick up product, they're a nice balance between the two :)

The way I usually wear these is Satin Taupe all over the lid, Twinks on the outer third of the lid, and Sketch through the crease, and Shroom on the browbone :)

What's your favourite MAC eye shadow?






This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass

 
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. You got awesome colors. Sketch is gorgeous. I can't pick a favorite they have so many lovely ones although lately I've been using Orb a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh looks like a beautiful palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh beautiful! I can't wait to start a MAC palette after my spending ban :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked the most amazing colours for everyday looks! I so love Satin Taupe. It's beautiful!

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried any MAC shadows but if I were to own any these are definitely the colours I would choose they are really beautiful xxx

    Laura xxx A Scottish Lass ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are all the colours I would have picked!
    I have a really bad urge to get a MAC quad! Satin taupe is stunning.
    Hareem xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh you picked some amazing shades, totally what I would have gone for too. I really need to pick up a quad, have four MAC eyeshadows but they all live in separate places at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh I love MAC eyeshadows! You have chosen my most wanted shades, especially Satin Taupe. I'm currently working on my second quad and I'm a bit sad about the new palettes too. I think you can still create a 15 palette but you have to buy a 15 pan refill and then the large/single palette. I think it costs about £21.50 all together which is a bit too expensive for me at the moment... I might have to start my Christmas list early this year!

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah wow, this is so gorgeous. You picked all the shades which I would have chosen too, enjoy it! xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter and Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't own any Mac eye shadows but they look amazing! I'm adding them to my wish list :) xx Rena
    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful selection, twinks looks amazing!

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all gorgeous shades which look like they compliment eachother well! As for my MAC quad I have Ricepaper, Soba, Satin Taupe and Patina! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been contemplating buying a mac eyeshadow pallette too, so I've been watching so many videos and reading blogs to help me decide which ones! This has really helped, you have chose the perfect combination!

    Beth-Lou's Beauty Blog

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig