Saturday 4 May 2013

Bourjois healthy mix serum

Happy Saturday (and if you're in the UK, bank holiday weekend!) beautiful people :)  I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but in here in South Wales it was raining this morning, but the sun has come out now, yay :)  Grab a cuppa, put your feet up and have a read :)

This was one of the first purchases I made after I came off my 100 day spending ban, I bought it in my mahoosive Superdrug haul the day after, and it's something I've been wearing quite a lot since, so I thought I'd share my thoughts with you on it :)

Available in Boots & Superdrug for £10.99



They say "Give your skin a radiance boost with Bourjois’ Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation – made from a vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula for an even complexion and an instant anti-fatigue result!
Its fresh and instant blending gel texture blends and glides onto the skin for an even, natural finish with no mask effect. Imperfections are erased, signs of fatigue are smoothed and the skin’s radiance is boosted for up to 16 hours.

Made from an instant anti-fatigue vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula with litchi, goji berries and pomegranates.

Available in 6 radiance-boosting shades."


My Thoughts

It's no mystery (see above pic of my face!) that it's got pretty decent coverage, it's a pretty much perfect colour match too (shade 51 Light vanilla).  I've used this a lot over the past 3 weeks and you know what?  I've been pretty impressed with it :)  Now, it's not perfect, it's not exactly like my Dr Jart BB cream that I always rave about, but for a high street/drugstore foundation, it really is good.  It's reduced redness on my face (just compare the left and right of my chin) and balanced out my complexion.

I've come to accept that due to my slightly ageing skin, no matter what foundation I wear, I have to re-blend it back in during the day as it cracks over fine lines, so I can't mark it down for that as even my holy grail foundation does that.  If you have any dry skin, it can emphasise that a little, but if you moisturise first you shouldn't really get that issue :)  The key with this foundation too is less is more - start with just a little, blend it in and if you need more then add it.  I blend mine in with a real techniques stippling brush (as I do with all my foundation).

All in all, I really like this, I've been reaching for it a lot over the past weeks and has been a bit of a diamond in the rough for me, so if you're looking for a new drugstore foundation I'd certainly give this little beauty a try :)  Oh did I say, it smells great too :)

Have you tried this yet?  What did you think of it?





This months bigest pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Laura from A Scottish Lass

 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love the amount of coverage it has given. Sounds really lovely :)
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does give really good coverage, looks lovely too xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a fan of this foundation. One of my favourites! Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm testing this out right now too and although I love it for the first few hours it just won't stay on my face. I have dry skin so it doesn't make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking at this in the shops actually a few times, i like the packaging it says buy me. Maybe i will next time. Love Lxxx PS its raining here too. A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! i've been looking for a new foundation and this looks fabulous on you, may have to invest :) xx

    burgundyandwine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it but I think I'll be sticking to my MAC foundation for now
    :)
    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have Bourjois products here, but I keep hearing about these. This does so much for the redness - it's like wow! I'd love to try it out. Maybe it'll even out my super uneven skin tone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig